Oserving wave behaviour Is it 2d, 3d, or is there something more?

In summary, waves are solutions to the wave equation that propagate in all directions depending on the spin of the source of the disturbance. The "spinning" effect arises from the fact that the "string vibration" is actually a spin projection of a one dimensional string on a twodimensional plane.
LotusPond_14
:confused: HI,

is wave behaviour on a two dimensional field or in a multidimensional field in space??

i am currently conducting a study whether the object producing the wave is actually spinning and the resultant disturbance on the field it is residing causes the field to respond to the objects movement.

current visualizations of a wave is displayed as traveling in an "up-down movement" but can it be also viewed as a plane of dissection of a rotating field that radiates from an object and is in horizontal to the front of the observer? assuming that the observer is only witnessing one facet of the field's rotation?

i am visualizing that in space, when an object placed a disturbance in a field (light, magnetism, gravity) the field reacts to the object by creating a spinning pattern radiating from an object to all directions in space, though in the illustration i am only presenting the rotating field that is radiating sideways in relation to the observer. thus the wave that observer actually sees is only the observed dissecting 2d plane in a 3d field.

it seems logical that the wave in order to propagate in all directions properly must be spheroid, since must allocate other "spin projections " coming from the object instantaneously.

so why does this field spin? is it that the very "threads / strings" also have inherent spin that only moves in resonation to the object that causes the disturbance?

if there is any healthy discussion please let me know so taht i can learn further from this.

i can't do it alone you know. hihihi!

Attachments

• CCI07032014_0000.jpg
    CCI07032014_0000.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
LotusPond_14 said:
is wave behaviour on a two dimensional field or in a multidimensional field in space??
Wave behavior applies to both.
You use as many dimensions as you need.

i am currently conducting a study whether the object producing the wave is actually spinning and the resultant disturbance on the field it is residing causes the field to respond to the objects movement.

current visualizations of a wave is displayed as traveling in an "up-down movement" but can it be also viewed as a plane of dissection of a rotating field that radiates from an object and is in horizontal to the front of the observer? assuming that the observer is only witnessing one facet of the field's rotation?
Waves are any solution to the wave equations.
So you would have to start by describing what you want to talk about more precisely.
Come up with an example physical situation, and try to describe it mathematically to show how the "spinning" effect arises.

Right now it seems like nonsense.

what if the "string vibration" is actually a spin projection of a one dimensional string on a two dimensional plane. we cannot see the actual spin of the string but we can see the vibration behaviour on a plane transversal to the observer.

then how then can a closed loop can be formed in two dimensional space. visualise a telephone cord when you bend it and began twisting on the middle. notice that the two halves of the cord will twist in unison. then appying more spinning motion will result the beginning and end parts of the cord will meet; thus forming an irregular loop depending on how much spin is applied to the middle of the cord.

somehow, the telephone cord represent the actual string in space, has one dimension (length) but suspended in space in a spiral pattern. when a disturbance is acted upon the spiral string, it either contracts(gravity), elongates (light, sound, magnetism) or forms a dimensional loop (matter).

correct me if I am wrong but this only an observation.

LotusPond_14 said:
what if the "string vibration" is actually a spin projection of a one dimensional string on a two dimensional plane. we cannot see the actual spin of the string but we can see the vibration behaviour on a plane transversal to the observer.
You mean like a skipping rope held between two kids and we are lookin at the shadow of it on a wall?

OK - what about it?

somehow, the telephone cord represent the actual string in space, has one dimension (length) but suspended in space in a spiral pattern. when a disturbance is acted upon the spiral string, it either contracts(gravity), elongates (light, sound, magnetism) or forms a dimensional loop (matter).
I don't know how you get from a spral "string" in space to fundamental forces.
Do you have a reference for this?

i think not because current formulas pertaining wave mechanics does not involve rotation correct me if I am wrong. but many processes in nature from the fundamental to the massive there is involved rotation of the object in question.

im just trying to understand how that rotation happens in the first place. I am now trying to connect if somehow the very space in which we exist consist of pairs of "spiral strings" with either pair rotating in the opposite direction. the string are attached to a central point thus i can think of point as an intersection of the strings and the origin of the disturbance (if it is implying the amount of twisting motion applied to the pair...)\

why spiral? its because spirals have already a stored force directing to which the spiral is twisting. if my assumptions and understanding are correct.

yes it is, regarding on the analogy of the skipping rope. but the rope is held by three kids, the middlekid spinning the rope in opposite directions.

From what I can tell from your descriptions, you are way off base.
But it is difficult because you may just be using words in a non-standard way.

i.e. it is not possible to spin a rope in two directions at once, and you don't need a kid in the middle to ensure the motion.

Current wave mechanics does include spinning motions.
Standard physics allows for spirals and corkscrews and so on already.
Where are you getting these ideas from?

Likes 1 person
Sorry, but this is so far away from physics that it is impossible to discuss it.

There are good books about classical mechanics and waves, I think they can clear up a lot.

Likes 1 person

1. What is the difference between 2D and 3D wave behavior?

2D wave behavior refers to waves that occur on a flat surface, such as water ripples on a pond. These waves only travel in two dimensions, horizontally and vertically. On the other hand, 3D wave behavior refers to waves that occur in three dimensions, such as ocean waves, which also have a depth component. These waves can travel in all three dimensions, making them more complex than 2D waves.

2. How are waves observed in 2D or 3D environments?

Waves in 2D environments can be observed by looking at the surface they occur on, such as the surface of water or a flat screen. Waves in 3D environments can be observed by looking at the entire volume of the medium in which they occur, such as the ocean or a 3D movie. In both cases, the motion of the waves can be seen and analyzed.

3. Can waves exhibit behavior that is more than 3D?

Yes, waves can exhibit behavior that goes beyond 3D. Some waves, such as electromagnetic waves, have properties that can be observed in higher dimensions, such as frequency and wavelength. Additionally, there are theories that suggest the existence of waves in higher dimensions, such as gravitational waves in the fabric of space-time.

4. How do scientists study wave behavior?

Scientists study wave behavior using various methods, such as mathematical equations, computer simulations, and physical experiments. They also use tools like sensors and detectors to measure and record wave behavior in different environments. By combining these methods, scientists can gain a better understanding of the complex behavior of waves.

5. How does understanding wave behavior help us in everyday life?

Understanding wave behavior is crucial in many aspects of everyday life. For example, it helps us predict and prepare for natural disasters such as tsunamis and earthquakes. It also plays a significant role in fields such as telecommunications, medicine, and engineering, where waves are used to transmit information, diagnose illnesses, and create technologies like ultrasound machines and microwave ovens.