Dekameter, Milligram, Hectometer, Kilogram, Volume

In summary: Answer (in white): In summary, the story follows Mr. Jim Measurement and his wife Milly as they prepare for dinner and deal with Jim's knee injury. Words from the given list that were not included in the story are length, dekameter, milligram, hectometer, kilogram, and kilometer.
Kandy
Most of the following words are used in the story below. See if you can find where they belong. Have fun!

metric, decimeter, gram,
length, dekameter, milligram,
meter, hectometer, kilogram,
milimeter, kilometer, volume,
centimeter, weight, liters

Mr. Jim Measurement was going to take his wife, Milly, to dinner for her birthday, although Milly thought she really shouldn't have to ________ till her birthday to be taken out. However, she was very excited, and he had sent her a candy ________, which added to her excitement. Milly didn't get out much, though sometimes __________ sister for lunch.
Unfortunately, that afternoon Jim was overheard screaming, "Oh, ______ knee is bothering me again! I hope I can _________ later. Otherwise, I will have to disappoint my wife." ____________ often, wondered the staff.
Everyone knew Jim and Milly to be real _________. The _________ of things those two could get done in a day was unbelievable. They really deserved a night out.

Write the words from the list above that were NOT included in the story.

1. ______________
2. ______________
3. ______________
4. ______________
5. ______________

Physics news on Phys.org
Answer (in white):

Mr. Jim Measurement was going to take his wife, Milly, to dinner for her birthday, although Milly thought she really shouldn't have to 'weight (wait)' till her birthday to be taken out. However, she was very excited, and he had sent her a candy 'gram', which added to her excitement. Milly didn't get out much, though sometimes 'millimeter (Milly met her)'' sister for lunch.
Unfortunately, that afternoon Jim was overheard screaming, "Oh, 'metric (my trick)' knee is bothering me again! I hope I can 'meter (meet her)' later. Otherwise, I will have to disappoint my wife." 'decimeter (does he meet her)' often, wondered the staff.
Everyone knew Jim and Milly to be real 'liters (leaders?)'. The 'volume' of things those two could get done in a day was unbelievable. They really deserved a night out.

Words from the list above that were NOT included in the story.

1. length
2. dekameter
3. milligram
4. hectometer
5. kilogram
6. kilometer

aha, it is too difficult to me. My pitiful imagination!

What is a dekameter?

A dekameter is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to 10 meters.

What is a milligram?

A milligram is a unit of mass in the metric system, equal to 1/1000 of a gram.

What is a hectometer?

A hectometer is a unit of length in the metric system, equal to 100 meters.

What is a kilogram?

A kilogram is a unit of mass in the metric system, equal to 1000 grams.

What is volume?

Volume is a measure of the amount of space occupied by a three-dimensional object or substance. It is typically measured in cubic units such as cubic meters or cubic centimeters.