Removing Gum From Shoes: A Quick and Easy Solution

• Thread starter camargo
  • Start date
In summary, removing gum from shoes can be done quickly and easily with the use of ice and a plastic bag. Simply place the ice on the gum for a few minutes to harden it, then use the plastic bag to scrape off the gum. Finish by wiping away any remaining residue with a cleaning solution. This method is effective and affordable, making it a convenient solution for getting rid of unwanted gum on your shoes.
camargo
Hey PF, what's up?
California here

Physics news on Phys.org
Sweet. California back at ya. How 'bout that sales tax hike?

Hello

Last edited:
Hi Camargo, welcome. Care to borrow my goo-gone?

1. What is "New with gum on my shoe"?

"New with gum on my shoe" is a phrase often used to describe a new or unfamiliar situation that may also be unpleasant or sticky, much like stepping on gum.

2. How did the phrase "New with gum on my shoe" originate?

The exact origin of the phrase is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the early 20th century. It may have been used to describe a new and uncomfortable situation, much like stepping on gum and having to deal with it.

3. Can the phrase "New with gum on my shoe" be used in a positive context?

While the phrase is often used to describe an unpleasant situation, it can also be used in a more lighthearted or humorous way. For example, someone may say "I feel like I'm walking around with gum on my shoe" to express feeling out of place in a new environment.

4. Is there any scientific significance to the phrase "New with gum on my shoe"?

No, the phrase does not hold any scientific significance. It is simply a figure of speech used to describe a situation.

5. Are there any other variations of the phrase "New with gum on my shoe"?

Yes, there are variations such as "New with a sticky situation" or "New with a problem to deal with". These variations all convey the idea of being in a new and possibly uncomfortable situation.