Roll Out Garden: Grow Your Own Garden!

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Roll
In summary, the Roll and grow is an artificial way to get a garden. It's not that bad of an idea, but it's easier to just buy a seed mix and water it.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
The "Roll and grow"

Oh my god as we speak i am looking at a commercial for a "roll out garden". Yes, you heard it here, just like buying a modular lawn at the hardware store, you can now just buy a roll of seeds/"nutrients" and water it and it'll grow a garden on the little strip.

Respect for society : shot
Will to live: gone
Party affiliation: green

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Oh my god as we speak i am looking at a commercial for a "roll out garden". Yes, you heard it here, just like buying a modular lawn at the hardware store, you can now just buy a roll of seeds/"nutrients" and water it and it'll grow a garden on the little strip.
Those are great. I bought some for zinnias once about 6 years ago, and I throw the old seed pods down and leave them over the winter and in the spring, I have the lushest garden of zinnias year after year for free.

Yeah, it's not that bad of an idea. I never used it, but getting seeds started is the hardest part. And if you live in an apartment and just have a little patch of garden you want to spruce up, it's really easy.

I give up on life...

Why? What's so bad about it? Especially if you don't have good soil and need more time to get it conditioned, it's a good way to get some stuff growing right away, or maybe put in a temporary flower garden without having to do a lot of digging.

Moonbear said:
Why? What's so bad about it? Especially if you don't have good soil and need more time to get it conditioned, it's a good way to get some stuff growing right away, or maybe put in a temporary flower garden without having to do a lot of digging.

:grumpy: Let me guess, you like those little square meter lawn modules??

Pengwuino said:
:grumpy: Let me guess, you like those little square meter lawn modules??
You mean sod?

Actually, I like gardening, but some people have a serious case of brown thumb, so for them, it seems like an easy way to get some flowers.

Pengwuino, I can't believe this. I agree with you.

100%.

I'm sorry for every bad thing I ever said about you.

(The roll and grow are so artificial. For god's sake buy a seed mix and toss it on the soil. It's no more work, I promise. You don't even have to cut the mat. And there's less manufacturing involved.)

Wow, I was going to continue to argue over this, but I've been so touched by the heartwarming display of patty and pengwuino agreeing over something that I just can't bring myself to do it. :biggrin:

Plants a roll of garden flowers around the two of them. :smile:

Evo said:
Plants a roll of garden flowers around the two of them. :smile:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

• Daisies_in_love.gif
    Daisies_in_love.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 535
  • Butterflies_and_flowers.gif
    Butterflies_and_flowers.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 394

1. How does the Roll Out Garden work?

The Roll Out Garden is a convenient and easy way to grow your own garden. It consists of a biodegradable mat that is pre-seeded with a variety of herbs, vegetables, or flowers. All you have to do is roll out the mat in a sunny location, water it, and watch your garden grow!

2. What types of plants can I grow with the Roll Out Garden?

The Roll Out Garden offers a variety of pre-seeded options, including herbs like basil, chives, and dill, vegetables like lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers, and flowers like marigolds, sunflowers, and wildflowers. You can choose the mat that best fits your gardening needs and preferences.

3. Is the Roll Out Garden environmentally friendly?

Yes, the Roll Out Garden is designed to be environmentally friendly. The mat is made of biodegradable materials, and the seeds are non-GMO and pesticide-free. Plus, by growing your own garden, you are reducing your carbon footprint and promoting sustainable living.

4. Can I use the Roll Out Garden in any climate?

The Roll Out Garden can be used in most climates, as long as the mat is placed in a sunny location and watered regularly. However, extreme weather conditions, such as extreme heat or cold, may affect the growth of your garden.

5. How long does it take for the plants to grow?

The growth rate of the plants will vary depending on the type of plant and environmental factors. However, most plants in the Roll Out Garden will begin to sprout within 1-2 weeks, and you can expect to see significant growth within 4-6 weeks. With proper care, your garden will continue to grow and thrive throughout the growing season.