Gravity Shield Design: Boeing & NASA | Diagrams & Info

In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of building a device based on the Podkletnov effect, which has been proven not to work by both Boeing and NASA. The person is looking for diagrams and information on how the device was built, despite its inability to be reproduced experimentally. Links and sources are provided, but it is emphasized that this concept is considered pseudoscience and defies thermodynamic laws. The conversation ends with the mention of NIAC's funding for revolutionary concepts in aeronautics and space.
imperium2600
ive been told boeing and NASA both proved this not to work, but I am trying to find detailed diagrams on how it is built regaurdless.

if anyone has any hyperlinks or diagrams or information of any kind on how it was built and what was used, id be very grateful

Engineering news on Phys.org
You want diagrams on something that can't be built or that doesn't exist?

I'm sure NASA produced a report of their findings - a Google should find it.

They didn't build anything new. They were trying to reproduce the Podkletnov effect, to no avail.

http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/WN01/wn101201.html
http://bobpark.physics.umd.edu/WN02/wn080202.html

The description of the podklenov setup is available everywhere.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
FredGarvin said:
You want diagrams on something that can't be built or that doesn't exist?
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Elanore Roosevelt

if anyone has anythign constructive i woudl appreciate it, i have scoured google for 3 weeks and haven't found much, although i haven't slept in a while and i don't think my reading is up to par

Zz and FredGarvin are correct.

However, if one must -

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4752763078970549144
Interview with Bob Cassanova - NIAC Director

NASA's IAC (NIAC) has been looking at that and other concepts.

http://www.americanantigravity.com/categories/Feature-Articles/

http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=504

Have fun. I am not sure if they have published diagrams, but perhaps papers from STAIF and AIAA might have some.

Please do not start a thread on the Heim theory or Dröscher-Häuser-Heim approach. Rather, just search the Physics forum for "Heim".

Shouldn't somone emphasize the obvious?

Podkletnov effect doesn't work and cannot be reproduced experimentally!

Astronuc - since when do you of all people provide links to crackpot sites?

imperium2600 said:
if anyone has anythign constructive i woudl appreciate it, i have scoured google for 3 weeks and haven't found much, although i haven't slept in a while and i don't think my reading is up to par

Constructive? You're the one defying reality here. This is well-debunked psuedoscience, contradicting thermodynamic law, and lacking even a shred of empirical verification. Take a cold shower.

imperium2600 said:
Oh. I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. I have the plans and drawings right here on my laptop. Give me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you free of charge.

Rach3 said:
Astronuc - since when do you of all people provide links to crackpot sites?
I feel so dirty. :rofl: That's the only place that one can find this stuff on the internet. :rofl: :biggrin: I couldn't find any specific reference at a NASA site like Marshall, Goddard or Langley, and not even NIAC :rofl: :rolleyes: (btw - NIAC is an independent entity funded by NASA and administered by USRA).

I do have some papers on superconductors used in 'anti-gravity' devices, somewhere in my archives, but at the moment, I don't remember which box. A colleague had collected them from some conference, which may have been sponsored/hosted by AIAA and/or NASA/USRA.

I never took the stuff seriously, so I wasn't too inclined to keep track of the papers. :rolleyes:

As for what NIAC does fund -
NIAC seeks proposals for revolutionary aeronautics and space concepts that could dramatically impact how NASA develops and conducts its missions. It provides a highly visible, recognizable, and high-level entry point for outside thinkers and researchers. NIAC encourages proposers to think decades into the future in pursuit of concepts that will "leapfrog" the evolution of current aerospace systems. While NIAC seeks advance concept proposals that stretch the imagination, these concepts should be based on sound scientific principles and attainable within a 10 to 40-year time frame.

Last edited:
Ok, we're done here. Good luck...

1. What is a gravity shield and why is it important for Boeing and NASA?

A gravity shield is a protective barrier that is designed to shield aircraft and spacecraft from the effects of gravity. It is important for Boeing and NASA because it allows their vehicles to stay in orbit or stay on course without being affected by the gravitational forces of other objects.

2. How does a gravity shield work?

A gravity shield works by using a combination of materials and technologies to create a barrier that can deflect or absorb the effects of gravity. This could include using advanced materials that are resistant to gravitational pull, or utilizing electromagnetic fields to counteract the forces of gravity.

3. What are the main challenges in designing a gravity shield for Boeing and NASA?

The main challenges in designing a gravity shield for Boeing and NASA are finding materials that are lightweight yet strong enough to withstand the forces of gravity, and developing technologies that are reliable and effective in creating a shield against gravity. Additionally, the shield must also be compatible with the specific needs and specifications of each vehicle.

4. How do Boeing and NASA collaborate on the design of a gravity shield?

Boeing and NASA collaborate on the design of a gravity shield through a combination of communication, research, and testing. They may also work together to develop new technologies or materials that can improve the effectiveness of the shield. Additionally, they may consult with experts in the field or conduct joint experiments to gather data and refine the design.

5. Are there any existing diagrams or information available about the design of Boeing and NASA's gravity shield?

Yes, there are existing diagrams and information available about the design of Boeing and NASA's gravity shield. Both organizations have published reports and articles detailing their research and development process, and there are also diagrams and illustrations available that demonstrate the design and functionality of the shield. These can often be found on their respective websites or through other scientific publications.