Calculating Closed Loop Gain in a Noisy System

In summary, the conversation discusses calculating the gain of a closed loop system with noise using a diagram and a set of equations. The main question is about finding the closed loop gain, and the conversation includes an updated equation for this purpose. The final question asks for clarification on whether the new equation is logically correct.
name
Hi,

Is it possible to calculate the gain of a closed loop system with Noise? Here's a diagram describing what i mean:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8955/cltfmh8.png

I've got the following so far:

[tex]Vout = \frac{A1A2Vin}{1 + A1A2B} + [/tex] [tex]\frac{AVn}{1 + A1A2B} [/tex]

But the question is asking for the closed loop gain. Would that just be:

[tex]Vout / Vin = \frac{A1A2}{1 + A1A2B} +[/tex] [tex]\frac{AVn}{Vin(1 + A1A2B)} [/tex]

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
name said:
Is it possible to calculate the gain of a closed loop system with Noise? Here's a diagram describing what i mean:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8955/cltfmh8.png

I've got the following so far:

[tex]V_{out} = \frac{A_1 A_2}{1 + A_1 A_2 B} V_{in} + \frac{A_2}{1 + A_1 A_2 B} V_n [/tex]

But the question is asking for the closed loop gain.

if the question is well posed, it needs to still specify the gain (closed loop or not) from some specified input to a specified output. your first equation (i prettied it up a little) actually shows two different transfer functions.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if i do this:

[tex]A' = A2 (A1 + Vn) [/tex]

and then...

[tex]Vout / Vin = \frac{A'}{1 + A'B}[/tex]

Is this logically correct?

1. What is a transfer function with noise?

A transfer function with noise is a mathematical model that describes the relationship between an input signal and an output signal in a system, taking into account the effects of noise on the output. It is commonly used in signal processing to analyze and design systems.

2. How is noise incorporated into a transfer function?

Noise is incorporated into a transfer function by adding a noise term to the output signal. This noise term can represent various sources of noise, such as measurement errors, interference, or random fluctuations in the system.

3. How does noise affect the accuracy of a transfer function?

Noise can significantly affect the accuracy of a transfer function, as it introduces unpredictable variations in the output signal. This can lead to errors in the analysis and design of a system, and can also make it more difficult to control the system.

4. How can noise be reduced in a transfer function?

There are several techniques that can be used to reduce noise in a transfer function. These include filtering the input signal to remove noise, using averaging techniques to smooth out noise, and designing the system to be more robust against noise.

5. Can a transfer function with noise be used for real-world systems?

Yes, transfer functions with noise are commonly used in real-world systems. However, it is important to carefully consider the effects of noise and choose appropriate techniques for reducing it in order to achieve accurate and reliable results.