Amplifying reverse saturation current

This article talks about the basics of operational amplifiers and how they can be used for amplification and signal processing in electronic circuits. It also covers the different types of op-amps and their characteristics. Additionally, it explains how to use op-amps in a circuit and provides examples for different applications.
-A-
Forgive me for the noobish question, but here goes.

My objective is to feed the reverse saturation current in a circuit into a DAQ device for detection. However I want to amplify it from the micro to milli or ampere range before doing so, due to DAQ specifications.

I'm confused as to how exactly i can achieve this, and how the circuit setup should be. I've read on the working of operational amplifiers, but am still confused about as how to effectively implement them into the circuit.

This is my first project, and I've never used a DAQ card before, so forgive any ignorant mistakes I might be making, but how exactly can I do this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
-A- said:
This is my first project, and I've never used a DAQ card before, so forgive any ignorant mistakes I might be making, but how exactly can I do this?
OK, if this is your first project, you need to study some basics before getting into specific questions. I would start here:
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/opamp/opamp_1.html

1. What is amplifying reverse saturation current?

Amplifying reverse saturation current, also known as amplifying forward current or minority carrier injection, is a phenomenon in which a reverse-biased diode or transistor produces an output current that is greater than the input current. This occurs when minority carriers (electrons in a P-type material or holes in an N-type material) are injected into the depletion region of the semiconductor, leading to an amplification of the current.

2. How does amplifying reverse saturation current differ from normal diode behavior?

In a normal diode, the reverse saturation current is a small, constant value that does not change significantly with applied voltage. However, in amplifying reverse saturation current, the output current can increase exponentially with increasing reverse bias voltage. This is due to the injection of minority carriers into the depletion region, which leads to an amplification of the current.

3. What factors affect the magnitude of amplifying reverse saturation current?

The magnitude of amplifying reverse saturation current is influenced by several factors, including the doping concentration of the semiconductor material, the applied voltage, and the temperature. Higher doping concentrations, higher voltages, and higher temperatures can all lead to an increase in the magnitude of amplifying reverse saturation current.

4. What are the practical applications of amplifying reverse saturation current?

Amplifying reverse saturation current is commonly used in the design of amplifiers and other electronic devices. It allows for the amplification of small signals, making it useful in audio amplifiers, radio receivers, and other electronic circuits. It is also used in photodiodes to detect and amplify light signals.

5. How is amplifying reverse saturation current related to the reverse breakdown voltage of a diode?

The reverse breakdown voltage of a diode is the voltage at which the diode starts to conduct significant amounts of current in the reverse direction. This breakdown voltage is often associated with the onset of amplifying reverse saturation current, as the injected minority carriers can cause a rapid increase in the output current. However, the exact relationship between the two is dependent on the specific characteristics of the diode and the conditions under which it is operated.