DOOM 3: Gameplay Tips & Weapon Locations

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses installing a game called Doom 3 and the speaker's questions about it. One person suggests looking for a game walkthrough online and shares a link to a review of the game. The speaker also asks about the graphics and requirements for the game. Another person shares their experience with the graphics and suggests using a guide to make the game look better. Finally, the conversation ends with a question about where to find a 2D map for the game.
Saint
I installed it,
but don't know how to play,
what is my first mission?
Where to get weapon?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have no idea, but I do have some questions of my own :)
I'm thinking about getting Doom 3 tomorrow, since you have it, tell me how it is. I mean, do the graphics look like the trailers? Is is confusing? I don't know why after I saw this trailer and read some reviews on it, I thought it could be fun, and now I want to get it. Do you think is money well spent? What are the requirements?

Oh, and about your question, why don't you try looking for a game walkthrough over the net, somewhere like GameFAQs. I don't do it because I don't want to spoil the game before playing it.

i have a AGP 128 MB Ati Radeon 9200SE card to play it.

on board built-in VGA can't play it

The graphics are nice...very nice... but not much else. If you really want to make it look pretty (or for some people, just playable) read this http://www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_1.html

Last edited:
Saint said:
i have a AGP 128 MB Ati Radeon 9200SE card to play it.

on board built-in VGA can't play it

I guess my Matrox G450, GeForce 2, S3 Virge, or TGX Framebuffer won't be able to handle it. Geez.. :grumpy:

the background is dark, no sun light

where can i get a 2D map for doom 3 ?

1. How do I find all the weapons in DOOM 3?

To find all the weapons in DOOM 3, you can explore the game's levels and look for weapon pick-ups. Some weapons may also be dropped by enemies or found in secret areas. Additionally, you can use the game's map to locate weapon locations.

2. How can I improve my gameplay in DOOM 3?

To improve your gameplay in DOOM 3, it is important to learn how to effectively use each weapon and their alternate firing modes. You should also make use of the game's cover system and use environmental objects for protection. It may also help to upgrade your character's abilities and choose the right weapon for different situations.

3. What is the best weapon in DOOM 3?

The best weapon in DOOM 3 ultimately depends on personal preference and the situation. However, the Super Shotgun and the BFG 9000 are often considered some of the most powerful and effective weapons in the game.

4. Can I replay levels in DOOM 3 to find missed weapons?

Yes, you can replay levels in DOOM 3 to find missed weapons. Simply select the "Mission Select" option from the main menu and choose the level you want to replay. This will allow you to revisit previous levels and find any missed weapons or secrets.

5. Are there any cheat codes for DOOM 3?

Yes, there are cheat codes for DOOM 3 that can be unlocked by finding hidden PDA devices throughout the game. These codes can give you extra ammunition, health, or other advantages. Keep in mind that using cheat codes may disable achievements and progress in the game.