Help with Data Justification Using Excel 2007

• Thread starter StuartWilson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Excel
In summary, Stuart is an undergraduate student at the University of Strathclyde who has successfully set up a summer project at the Centre for Biophotonics. He has been a member of the forum for over 2 years but this is his first post. He has a question about using excel to process his data and is unsure which forum would be most suitable. Another member suggests using python for interactive data processing, but acknowledges that not everyone knows how to program.
StuartWilson
Hi,

My name is Stuart and I am an undergraduate student at the University of Strathclyde, UK. I'm just about to start my 3rd year but I was lucky enough to successfully set up a summer project for during the summer where I am working in the Centre for Biophotonics.

I've been a member here for over 2 years but this is my first actual post!

I have a question about using excel to process some of my data and I thought someone here might be able to help me. I'm not sure which forum would be most suitable though - it's technically not homework or coursework.

If someone could point me in the correct general direction for my question then I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Stuart and welcome

I think, maybe you should just post the details and then cross fingers about what is to happen next.

I do not know about your programming skills, but I personally wouldn't use excel for processing the data...

Not that I have used other tools before, but, presently, I would do it using python.

In python, I can read the original data and interactively apply whatever processing I think will do...if it does not work, I apply something else, etc. This can be done easily with entire arrays and a single equation.

In excel, you are going to find yourself copying and pasting formulas in hundred of cells just to find out that they are wrong and have to do it all over again.

Then again, not everybody know how to program.

1. How can I justify my data in Excel 2007?

To justify data in Excel 2007, you can use the "Align" feature under the "Home" tab. Select the cells you want to justify, then click on the "Align Text" button and choose the desired justification option.

2. What is the purpose of data justification in Excel 2007?

Data justification in Excel 2007 is used to align and organize data in a visually appealing way. This can make it easier to read and understand the data, and also helps to create a more professional-looking spreadsheet.

3. Can I justify both text and numbers in Excel 2007?

Yes, you can justify both text and numbers in Excel 2007. Just select the cells containing the data you want to justify, and use the "Align" feature to choose the desired justification option.

4. How do I justify data in multiple cells at once in Excel 2007?

To justify data in multiple cells at once, you can select all the cells you want to justify and then use the "Merge and Center" feature under the "Home" tab. This will merge the cells and justify the data in the center.

5. Is there a shortcut for justifying data in Excel 2007?

Yes, you can use the shortcut key "Ctrl + J" to justify data in Excel 2007. This will apply the default justification option to the selected cells.