What should my girlfriend name her tiger?

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary: Kooritza...Kirin...Bladibla's suggestion...Chroot's suggestion...Dexter...Apple...Roy...Moby Jack...Linux...World of Warcraft...role-playing game...girlfriend...white...pet...large...online...game...player...Warren...Daniel...Linell...Shroedinger...
I thought tigers in their habitat are the top of the food chain...:confused:

Daniel.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
What about Bianca?
What about Bianca Castafiore ?

dextercioby said:
I thought tigers in their habitat are the top of the food chain...:confused:

Daniel.

I was going to sya not when they're infants, but i still couldn't think of anything. Tigers don't eat their young, so yeah i dunno. Maybe wolves (does indochina have wolves?) or another species of big cat (does indochina hve any other species of big cat?). But i don't think so.

franznietzsche said:
I was going to sya not when they're infants, but i still couldn't think of anything. Tigers don't eat their young, so yeah i dunno. Maybe wolves (does indochina have wolves?) or another species of big cat (does indochina hve any other species of big cat?). But i don't think so.

Well, there are those pesky humans, but other than that, nothing I can think of. I retract my comment about them being young and tasty. The problem is they don't blend into the surroundings enough to ambush their prey, so have trouble catching dinner. Happy now?

Moonbear said:
Well, there are those pesky humans, but other than that, nothing I can think of. I retract my comment about them being young and tasty. The problem is they don't blend into the surroundings enough to ambush their prey, so have trouble catching dinner. Happy now?

No, but as far as this thread is concerned, sure.

mattmns said:
You need some help! :rofl:
No, actually, she's the one who needs help. You see, she doesn't know what to name the pet tiger.
She is your real girlfriend and not, just, your role playing girlfriend right? :tongue2:
No, she's my real, flesh-and-blood, pretty little blonde-haired, green-eyed girlfriend, who just happens to have a pet tiger in a role-playing game she enjoys. This particular make-believe tiger is a recent addition to her game, and she'd like a novel name for it. Forgive me for asking such an outlandish question, eh?

- Warren

How about a name that's completely un-tiger-like? Something like Fluffy or Fifi.

So, what is she looking for in a name? Something fierce, or cute, or exotic sounding, etc? It might help us narrow down themes for suggestions.

I just received a pm from one of my alaskan brown bear friends. He is very annoyed at being demoted to 3rd place in the largest land mammal contest and vowed to eat dissenting PF members until he fattens back into the lead.

Last edited:
yeah, me too.. i like the game... ^^

Chronos said:
I just received a pm from one of my alaskan brown bear friends. He is very annoyed at being demoted to 3rd place in the largest land mammal contest and vowed to eat dissenting PF members until he fattens back into the lead.

Well, by now franz should be pretty well rum-soaked. Maybe your friend would enjoy a nice flambé (sp?).

That's not Alaska,that's a Kodiak bear.Kodiak is an island in the Aleutines islands...And surprizingly,it's not carnivorous,but omnivorous...,like any bear whose fur is not white.:wink:

Daniel.

How did we get onto the topic of brown and white bears? We still need to find a good name for Chroot's girlfriend's pet white tiger. (Chroot, you're sure this is a pet, and not a nickname for the other guy, right? :rofl:)

dextercioby said:
That's not Alaska,that's a Kodiak bear.Kodiak is an island in the Aleutines islands...

Kodiak Island and the rest of the Aleutians belong to Alaska.

Tiger names :

Jethro Tull (had a thing for tigers),
Lily (as in Tiger Lily),
Alipur (a suburb of Calcutta in West Bengal, India. The zoo there has been breeding white tigers for a long, long time),
Fearful Symmetry (from Blake),
Shark (the Great White and the Tiger are both reef sharks, I think),
Sher Khan (from Kipling, "sher" is the Hindi word for tiger)

To the state of Alaska,oui...But to the ALASKA PENINSULA,simply NO... :wink:

Daniel.

I like Gokul's suggestion of Alipur, though I'd pronounce it Alley purrrrrr...sounds better for a big kitty. :biggrin:

Errata: The Alaska brown bear, Ursus arctos middendorfii, is also referred to as the Kodiak bear. It is so closely related to the Polar bear, Ursus maritimus, crosses between the two species produce fertile hybrids. The polar bear is the most carnivorous of bears, but still an omnivore. While strictly carnivorous during winter, it will eat anything and everything in sight during summer [much like human children].

And in the spirit of staying on topic, if I happened to run across a white tiger, I would call it... Nice kitty... in my best falsetto voice.

So, chroot, has she picked a name yet? If she has this much difficulty choosing a name for a fictitious pet tiger in a role playing game, if you ever have kids together, you better start working on names the day you find out she's pregnant! :biggrin:

mostly harmless

there's always "Sugar Pie"

so chroot, did we help in her decision or what?