Creating a monstrous e-cigarette prototype

• Thread starter urb-nurd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Prototype
In summary, the electronic engineer is creating a monstrous e-cigarette prototype that does not use the conventional nichrome wire and wick method. He is looking for advice on how to make the device more heat-resistant. Some possible solutions he considered include using two walls of thin sheet metal with an air gap between them, or mounting the outer tube slightly higher than the hot inner tube. He thanks the people who helped him and promises to update everyone soon.
urb-nurd
Hey guys, i am here to try pick some brains.
I am en electronic engineer who is currently playing with some projects at home.
I am creating a monstrous e-cigarette prototype.
I am not using the conventional nichrome wire and wick method, but rather just dropping it onto a hot plate for instant clouds.
Anyway the burning question is about insulators, i will have a handheld unit that will get pretty hot around the heater.
I was hoping to put a heat buffer between my heaters enclosure and the outer enclosure.
Some thermally insulating material that is also inert and safe for someone to be inhaling hot air over.
I had thought about thermoplastic and pocket of air as an insulator.
Mica doesn't seem flexible enough.

What do you guys think?

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Genuinely!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Maybe consider two walls of thin sheet metal, with an air gap between, open at the bottom and the top. Air rising in the airgap separates the plates and it makes a good insulator. It is surprisingly effective.

Baluncore said:
Maybe consider two walls of thin sheet metal, with an air gap between, open at the bottom and the top. Air rising in the airgap separates the plates and it makes a good insulator. It is surprisingly effective.

Thank you!
However with the cylinders open at the top and bottom, how can i fix them?

With longer screws that have 3 nuts each. Three screws at the top and three at the bottom.

The inner tube can go all the way down so cool air flows into the wall gap from outside, it then rises due to heating, then flows out through the gap at the top.

Leave a gap below the outside tube by mounting the outer tube slightly higher than the hot inner tube, inner tube is then not easily contacted at the top.

Baluncore said:
With longer screws that have 3 nuts each. Three screws at the top and three at the bottom.

The inner tube can go all the way down so cool air flows into the wall gap from outside, it then rises due to heating, then flows out through the gap at the top.

Leave a gap below the outside tube by mounting the outer tube slightly higher than the hot inner tube, inner tube is then not easily contacted at the top.

I think i am getting this, i understand the concept of two walls an outer and an inner, however wouldn't the outer wall draw in the cooler air, then feed it into the inner wall where the heater will be?

I really appreciate your help guys!
I don't suppose you have a degree in MS paint you can use to aid me haha

You draw what you think you need, I will comment and/or edit.

Baluncore said:
You draw what you think you need, I will comment and/or edit.

You are far to kind!
I will get some inventor pics up soon.
I really appreciate the help!

What is the purpose of creating a monstrous e-cigarette prototype?

The purpose of creating a monstrous e-cigarette prototype is to test the limits of technology and push the boundaries of what is possible in the e-cigarette industry. It may also serve as a marketing tactic to attract attention and stand out from other e-cigarette brands.

What features would make a monstrous e-cigarette prototype stand out?

A monstrous e-cigarette prototype may have features such as a larger battery capacity, multiple atomizers for different types of vaping, customizable LED lights, and a unique design that is larger and more eye-catching than traditional e-cigarettes.

What are the potential risks or downsides of a monstrous e-cigarette prototype?

One potential risk is that the size and weight of the prototype could make it less portable and convenient for users. Additionally, the cost of production and materials may be higher, resulting in a more expensive product for consumers. There may also be concerns about the safety and longevity of the prototype, as it may not have undergone extensive testing like traditional e-cigarettes.

How do you plan on addressing any potential negative feedback or backlash from creating a monstrous e-cigarette prototype?

We will carefully consider all feedback and take necessary measures to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our customers. This may include conducting thorough testing and addressing any concerns before releasing the prototype to the market. We also welcome open communication and constructive criticism from consumers to continually improve our product.

What kind of market or audience would be interested in a monstrous e-cigarette prototype?

A monstrous e-cigarette prototype may appeal to a niche market of vapers who are looking for a unique and attention-grabbing device. It may also attract those who are interested in cutting-edge technology and are willing to pay a premium for a one-of-a-kind e-cigarette experience.