Honoring a Beloved Member: Retiring a Screen Name

In summary, the conversation is about people who should be in the "Hall of Fame for PF" and the individuals mentioned include Chopnik, The Bob, tribdog, Zoobyshoe, Zero, Alexander, and anyone who is not arrogant. Some of these individuals have made significant contributions to the forum and are remembered fondly by other users.
tribdog
I think I've had some pretty good posts in here, and I won't be the easiest person to forget, so I'd like my screen name retired if I ever die.

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I think I've had some pretty good posts in here, and I won't be the easiest person to forget, so I'd like my screen name retired if I ever die.
So this thread if for people we think should be in the 'Hall of Fame for PF': Chopnik. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

There can only be one tribdog. But nothing is allowed to happen to you. I need you here, we ALL need you.

It's that damn Passion movie. Got me feeling mortal.

I don't think anyone who read it can forget my posts on my experiences in the "Girl Trouble" thread.

Zoobyshoe. Wherever he is, deserves a Hall of Fame mention. Wise, funny, smart. Like some kind of genius hyena-owl crossbreed. Or a Zooby.

Well, coming to PF about 3.5 years ago [I was having different username before i did not visit for while] I guess:

Zero
Alexander

Should be in the Hall of fame [I have not catch any of them here...] , both contribute largely in fun and science respectively. And for the most most most most most most most important they both are:

Not arrogant!

My lord how much i hate arrogant people how try always to show off here :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1. What does it mean to "retire" a screen name?

Retiring a screen name refers to the process of permanently changing or deactivating a username or online identity. This can be done for various reasons, such as wanting to start fresh with a new online presence or as a way to honor a beloved member who is no longer active.

2. How can I retire a screen name as a way to honor someone?

To retire a screen name in honor of someone, you can simply change the username to something that reflects their memory or legacy. You can also deactivate the account and create a new one with a similar username or in their honor.

3. Is it necessary to retire a screen name in honor of someone?

No, it is not necessary to retire a screen name in honor of someone. This is a personal decision and can be done as a way to pay tribute to a beloved member, but it is not a requirement or expectation.

4. Can a screen name be retired on all platforms and websites?

Retiring a screen name is dependent on the platform or website. Some may allow you to change your username, while others may not have this feature. It is important to check the specific platform or website's guidelines on changing or deactivating usernames.

5. Can a screen name be un-retired or changed back?

In most cases, a screen name can be changed or reactivated if it was previously retired. However, this may not always be possible, especially if the username has been taken by someone else. It is best to check with the specific platform or website for their policies on changing or reactivating usernames.