What is Maturity? - An Overview

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
In summary, maturity is the ability to rise above petty'ness' and fickle arguments and the ability to see a problem in perspective, but not too much perspective, or you'll end up realising that we are a tiny planet in a tiny solar system in a possibly bigger galaxy, in, depending on what you believe one of many universes... you then realise that nothing matters...
chound
What is maturity?

Physics news on Phys.org
chound said:
What is maturity?

The opposite of tribdog, smurf, and I.

"Tits away, I'm hurt"

is an anagram of

"what is maturity?"

"My tits hurt, Waia" is also an anagram..

So is "what air is my tut?"

Oh grow up! Saying "t*ts" isn't big, and it isn't clever. Nobody is impressed with this kind of banter. Now if you were to say "jugs" a few times and swap the letters around a bit, that's an entirely different matter. Women will find you attractive and men will respect you. You may even find yourself in line for a Nobel prize, who knows?

I'm more mature than any of you immature people! NA-NI-NA-NI-NAH-NAH! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maturity is not snickering and giggling whenever you hear the word 'booger' :biggrin:.

chound said:
What is maturity?

Being thoughtful and considerate, i.e. mindful.

Acting with due deliberation.

Accepting responsibility for one's actions and the consequences thereof.

motai said:
Maturity is not snickering and giggling whenever you hear the word 'booger' :biggrin:.

:bugeye: teehehehehe! :bugeye:

Remember in elementary school when someone was called to the office and everyone in the class said "ooooooooouuuuuhhhhh" and pointed towards the kid being called down? Yeah, that too.

I'm mature. I am mature. I am mature. immature. I'm immature

tribdog said:
I'm mature. I am mature. I am mature. immature. I'm immature

You're not just mature, you're Victor mature.

the number 42 said:
You're not just mature, you're Victor mature.
I won? I'd like to thank everyone who voted and

Won? Isn't placing so high a value on winning a sign of immaturity? :rofl:

motai said:
Remember in elementary school when someone was called to the office and everyone in the class said "ooooooooouuuuuhhhhh" and pointed towards the kid being called down? Yeah, that too.

we still did that in high school (we would have claimed out of humour) and probably would still do it now.

motai said:

All these years and you're still sore about us pointing at you and saying "ooooooooouuuuuhhhhh." Boy, you sure hold a grudge. :tongue2:

You know you're mature when you find yourself rolling your eyes at people and muttering, "Oh, grow up." :rolleyes: :tongue:

Moonbear said:
You know you're mature when you find yourself rolling your eyes at people and muttering, "Oh, grow up." :rolleyes: :tongue:

again, the opposite of tribdog, smurf, and I.

chound said:
What is maturity?
I'm sorry, no idea what you're asking here... :biggrin:

maturity is the abitily to rise above petty'ness' and fickle arguments and the ability to see a problem in perspective, but not too much perspective, or you'll end up realising that we are a tiny planet in a tiny solar system in a possibly bigger galaxy, in, depending on what you believe one of many universes... you then realize that nothing matters...
how i love sunday!

1. What is maturity?

Maturity can be defined as the state of being fully developed both physically and mentally. It is often associated with adulthood and the ability to take responsibility for one's actions.

2. How do you know when someone is mature?

Maturity is not easily quantifiable and can vary from person to person. However, some common signs of maturity include being able to handle difficult situations calmly, taking responsibility for one's actions, and having a sense of self-awareness.

3. Is maturity solely based on age?

No, maturity is not solely based on age. While age can be a factor, maturity also depends on one's life experiences, upbringing, and personal development. It is possible for someone to be mature at a young age and vice versa.

4. Can maturity be learned or acquired?

Yes, maturity can be learned and acquired through experiences, self-reflection, and personal growth. It takes time and effort to develop maturity, but it is a valuable trait that can benefit individuals in all aspects of their lives.

5. What are the benefits of maturity?

Maturity can bring many benefits, including better decision-making skills, improved relationships with others, and the ability to handle challenging situations with grace and composure. It can also lead to personal growth and a deeper understanding of oneself.