Solve the Mystery: Missing Person Illusion at eBaumsWorld

• Thread starter Huckleberry
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a puzzle where 12 people are seen initially, but after two pieces are transposed, a 13th person appears. The group discusses different theories on where the extra person came from and how it was achieved with only moving two images. Ultimately, it is revealed that the 13th person is made up of parts of the other 12 people, and the group discusses the cleverness of the puzzle.
Huckleberry
I don't know if this has been posted before or not. Looking at this puzzle one way I see 12 people, and after two pieces are transposed I see 13 people. Where does this person come from/go to? Am I missing something simple? Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/peoplecount.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I figured it out, well the head at least.

Check out the lady at the far left on the bottom. Her hair is removed, and put on top of a girl in the middle, but it is not replaced. While the girl in the middle uses her hair on another person.

I notice some of the other people get larger or smaller when the images are transposed. Could this space account for the extra person? I'm not sure. It's not like the people themselves are moving. How do all the parts get in the same place, or reabsorbed into several other figures with only moving two still images?

Note that there are 5 columns (slanted) of ppl.
The first, third, fourth and fifth columns have invariant number of ppl, that is there number doesn't change even when the pieces get interchanged.

However the second column changes from two to three. Try to see how this trick is managed. (Its should be easier now since you are looking at a local action instead of global change).

-- AI

The thirteenth person is a kind of Frankenstein's monster made up of bits and pieces of the other 12. You can see one person who has lost their hair and other who has lost a major part of their shoes, etc. Getting that to work with only a shift of the top half of the image is very clever.

What is the "Solve the Mystery: Missing Person Illusion" at eBaumsWorld?

The "Solve the Mystery: Missing Person Illusion" is an online puzzle game hosted by eBaumsWorld where the player must use their detective skills to solve the disappearance of a missing person. The game features various clues and puzzles that the player must decipher in order to uncover the truth and solve the mystery.

Is the game free to play?

Yes, the "Solve the Mystery: Missing Person Illusion" game is completely free to play on eBaumsWorld. You do not need to sign up or create an account to access the game.

How do I start playing the game?

To start playing the game, simply go to the eBaumsWorld website and click on the "Solve the Mystery" tab. This will take you to the game page where you can begin playing by clicking on the "Start" button.

Is the game suitable for all ages?

The game is suitable for all ages, however, some of the clues and puzzles may be more difficult for younger players. Parental guidance is recommended for younger children.

Can I play the game on my mobile device?

Yes, the "Solve the Mystery: Missing Person Illusion" game can be played on any device with internet access. This includes mobile phones, tablets, and computers.