New Pennies: Feel the Difference?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, while checking his pants for change before washing them, the speaker found four 2005 pennies. He noticed that these pennies felt different from the ones he normally handles, leading him to suspect a conspiracy. Another person jokingly referenced a previous conversation about rolling a jar of 2005 pennies and making an offer for peonies. The conversation then turned to throwing money on the floor and a potential "grammar jail" for not knowing how to organize sentences.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Guess what I found when i was checking my pants for change before i threw em in the wash... 4 2005 pennies! Now ok, sounds stupid and all... but I picked them up and they feel entirely different from pennies i normally handle! Its like they are lighter... Are they doing something new or do newer pennies just feel different because they haven't been used much...

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like a conspiracy to me. :uhh:

And I thought this was going to be about rolling your jar of 2,005 pennies. :rolleyes:

I thought it was an Offer, I want my peonies NOW! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LD
(oh yes, it says pennies, not peonies...so sorry...NOT!)

well, maybe the light pennies are ultra-thin bombs! a conspiracy! throw the pennies on the floor, better yet, throw ALL your money on the floor!

*takes money*

(oh yes, it says pennies, not peonies...so sorry...NOT!)
and you forgot how to organize sentances..

yomamma said:
and you forgot how to organize sentances..
And the price for my crime? Gammar Jail perhaps? :yuck:

how do you know I 'forgot it' rather then, perhaps, I never knew, Huh? :tongue2:

1. What makes "New Pennies: Feel the Difference?" different from regular pennies?

"New Pennies: Feel the Difference?" are made with a different composition of metals, specifically zinc and copper. This results in a brighter, shinier appearance compared to regular pennies.

2. How does the difference in composition affect the weight and size of the new pennies?

The new pennies are slightly lighter and thinner than regular pennies due to the higher zinc content. However, the size and weight difference is minimal and can only be accurately measured with specialized equipment.

3. Will the new pennies replace regular pennies in circulation?

No, the new pennies are not intended to replace regular pennies. They are simply a commemorative coin and will not affect the circulation of regular pennies.

4. Are the new pennies worth more than regular pennies?

The value of a penny is determined by its denomination, not its composition. Therefore, the new pennies have the same value as regular pennies and can be used interchangeably for transactions.

5. How can I get my hands on "New Pennies: Feel the Difference?"

The new pennies are typically available through coin dealers, specialty stores, or directly from the mint. They may also be obtained through coin exchange programs or as change from certain retailers, but availability may vary.