Well Im on a science project ( NOT HOMEWORK)

In summary, this is a mechanical engineering/design problem, and not suitable for the tutorial section. I shall move it accordingly.
W00t_hamsters
Trying to figure out a formula for the amount of teeth and amount of gears for a pound of force delivered.

Engineering news on Phys.org
>_>I know I'm never going to get a reply.Another Day, Another barren wasteland forum >_>

This is a mechanical engineering/design problem, and not suitable for the tutorial section. I shall move it accordingly.

The number (and size) of teeth will depend on the diameter of the gear (root, or mean, or peak), and the stress limit criteria, which depends on the material.

Astronuc said:
This is a mechanical engineering/design problem, and not suitable for the tutorial section. I shall move it accordingly.

The number (and size) of teeth will depend on the diameter of the gear (root, or mean, or peak), and the stress limit criteria, which depends on the material.

Well I know that I just need a partial portion of my dirty work done like an example of lined up gears and teeth per pound. but I'll give you this much. Material: Steal

It doesn't work like that. You need to know the loads you will be transmitting through the gear teeth. You assume, worst case, that only a single tooth will be engaged at a time. There is no easy plug and chug equation to do this. This is why optical techniques and FEA are used to describe the very complex stress distributions around gear teeth.

FredGarvin said:
It doesn't work like that. You need to know the loads you will be transmitting through the gear teeth. You assume, worst case, that only a single tooth will be engaged at a time. There is no easy plug and chug equation to do this. This is why optical techniques and FEA are used to describe the very complex stress distributions around gear teeth.

>_> I asked an example, not The most efficient way. I'm unfortunately done with this site until I have a dumb question.

We don't want members here who ask half a question, and expect answers within 9 minutes of their original post, without showing any gratitude for the helpful (and correct) answers which were offered them.

Close the door quietly on your way out.

On that note, this thread is done. Best of luck!

1. What is the purpose of your science project?

The purpose of my science project is to investigate and explore a specific scientific topic or question. It involves conducting research, collecting data, and analyzing results to draw conclusions and gain a better understanding of the topic.

2. How did you come up with the idea for your science project?

I came up with the idea for my science project by exploring my interests and curiosity in a certain scientific area. I also searched for inspiration through reading articles, attending science fairs, and brainstorming with my peers and mentors.

3. What is the process of conducting a science project?

The process of conducting a science project involves several steps. First, I formulate a hypothesis or question to investigate. Then, I plan and design my experiment, including identifying variables, materials, and procedures. Next, I gather and analyze data, and finally, I draw conclusions and communicate my findings.

4. How do you ensure the accuracy of your results in a science project?

To ensure the accuracy of my results in a science project, I follow the scientific method and use appropriate research methods and experimental controls. I also repeat my experiments multiple times and compare my results to those of others in the field.

5. What have you learned from your science project?

From my science project, I have learned how to ask meaningful questions, design a controlled experiment, and collect and analyze data. I have also gained a deeper understanding of a specific scientific topic and how to communicate my findings effectively.