Calling all theorems

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers are discussing the creation of a notebook containing essential definitions and theorems from algebra, geometry, and calculus I. They are seeking suggestions for a list of these essential theorems and definitions and plan to compile it themselves. One speaker recommends looking at Wikipedia and the appendices of their textbooks for ideas.
Saladsamurai
I am currently trying to put together a notebook containing all of the essential definitions and theorems that I have learned from alegebra, geometry, and calculus I up until now.

I am about to set out to flip through all of my texts, but first I thought I would ask: Does anyone happen to know of a list of essential theorems and defs.? If I could just find a nice list it would do wonders for my patience.

Any ideas would help; I'll get Googling:rolleyes:

Casey

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What calculus are you in?

I'm sure wiki has a list of theorems and postulates for geometry. (Alternate interior angles theorem, for example)

Calculus I-II has a good few, and algebra has tons of properties and formulas.Heh, I think I'll do a list by myself. This is a neat idea.

I am in Calculus I. This is more work than I anticipated!

You may start by going through this list :smile:

CompuChip said:
You may start by going through this list :smile:

Thanks CompuChip! That is a great start along with the appendices of my texts.

Casey

1. What is "Calling all theorems"?

"Calling all theorems" is a phrase commonly used in the scientific community to refer to the process of gathering and analyzing various theories and principles in a particular field of study.

2. Why is "Calling all theorems" important in scientific research?

This process is crucial in scientific research as it allows scientists to build upon existing knowledge and develop new theories and hypotheses. It also helps to validate and refine existing theories.

3. How do scientists gather all the theorems in their field?

Scientists gather all the theorems in their field through extensive literature reviews, experiments, and collaborations with other researchers in the same field.

4. Can "Calling all theorems" lead to new discoveries?

Yes, "Calling all theorems" can lead to new discoveries as it allows scientists to make connections between different theories and develop new insights and perspectives.

5. Is there a specific method for "Calling all theorems"?

There is no specific method for "Calling all theorems" as it can vary depending on the field of study and the specific research question. However, it typically involves critically evaluating and analyzing existing theories and principles.