Sick (cold) twice in two weeks wtf?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Flying Penguin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cold
In summary, it is possible that the symptoms of a cold lasted longer than expected due to a relapse or being exposed to a different virus strain. It could also be due to an allergic response instead of a cold.
Flying Penguin
How or why would this happen? Did I get two different virus strains? Did my body not finish fighting it off properly the first time?

Biology news on Phys.org
In case Enuma's response didn't make it clear, it is possible you hadn't fully recovered and overdid it, having a bit of relapse of symptoms. It is also possible, as you asked, that you picked up two different strains...there are several viruses going around this time of year, so you could have had bad luck there, especially if you are in contact with a lot of people.

It could also be that you did not have a cold/virus, but an allergic response to something that you were repeatedly exposed to.

What causes someone to get sick (cold) twice in two weeks?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One is that the person was not fully recovered from their first cold and their immune system was still weakened, making them susceptible to another infection. Another possibility is that the person was exposed to a different strain of the cold virus, as there are many different types. Additionally, if the person is not taking proper precautions to prevent the spread of germs (such as washing their hands frequently), they may be continuously reinfecting themselves.

Is it possible to get the same cold twice in a row?

Yes, it is possible. As mentioned before, there are many different strains of the cold virus and getting one strain does not make you immune to the others. Additionally, if a person's immune system is weakened, they may be more susceptible to catching the same cold again.

What can I do to prevent getting sick (cold) twice in two weeks?

To prevent getting sick twice in two weeks, it's important to take proper precautions such as washing your hands frequently, avoiding contact with sick individuals, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It's also important to fully recover from your first cold before exposing yourself to others who may be sick.

Should I see a doctor if I get sick (cold) twice in two weeks?

If you have underlying health conditions or if your symptoms are severe and not improving, it's always a good idea to consult a doctor. They can help determine if there is an underlying issue or if you may need medication to help with your symptoms.

Is it normal to get sick (cold) twice in two weeks?

Getting sick twice in two weeks is not uncommon, especially during cold and flu season. However, if it is happening frequently, it may be a sign of a weakened immune system or an underlying health issue. It's always best to consult a doctor if you have concerns about your health.