Where can I get data about stock trends?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for data related to stock analysis for research with machine learning AI. They need both an older version and a current version of the data, and have tried using Google and other sources but have not been successful due to terms of service violations. They discuss the importance of not violating any terms of service and question if the data is necessary to be obtained through automation.
TylerH
I'm looking for a lot of data, preferably one version that is a year or more old and one that is current. The data I want is just the stats related to the stock. For example, the price, earnings, and anything else considered useful in stock analysis. I need the older version to have at least a few months worth of history for all the stats.

I want it because I want to do some research with machine learning AI and stock analysis. I need the data to train my AI. It has to be relatively old so I can use the current data to give the AI accurate feedback about long term trends.

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you try Google?

From what I tried, there isn't much there. All I get is a lot about trends, but nothing about data. If you're talking about Google Finance, it's against their terms of service to access it with an automated program.

russ_watters said:

Thanks, but I'm trying not to violate any TOS's.

6.f: You agree to not use the Yahoo! Services to interfere with or disrupt the Yahoo! Services or servers or networks connected to the Yahoo! Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Yahoo! Services, including using any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html

How much data do you need that you can't just manually get it?

1. What are the most reliable sources for stock market data?

Some of the most reliable sources for stock market data include financial news websites like Bloomberg or Reuters, stock exchanges like the New York Stock Exchange or NASDAQ, and financial data providers like Yahoo Finance or MarketWatch.

2. Where can I find historical stock market data?

Historical stock market data can be found on financial data providers like Yahoo Finance, MarketWatch, or Morningstar. You can also access historical stock market data through the websites of stock exchanges or by using a financial data API.

3. Is there a cost to access stock market data?

Some sources for stock market data may require a subscription or a fee to access certain data sets. However, there are also many free sources available, such as financial news websites, stock exchange websites, and some financial data providers.

4. Can I access real-time stock market data?

Yes, real-time stock market data can be accessed through various sources, such as financial data providers or by using a stock market data API. However, real-time data may not be available for free and may require a subscription or a fee.

5. How can I analyze stock market data?

There are various ways to analyze stock market data, including using spreadsheets or financial analysis software, creating charts and graphs, and using technical analysis techniques. It is important to have a good understanding of the stock market and its trends before attempting to analyze data.