Masters course in Physics in Germany

In summary: I will definitely ask the guy at the university about this and find out the exact requirements.Oh, I'm glad I could help!Even though the GRE is not required, are those who submit it considered over the other applicants? What is the American equivalent of a 3.6 GPA?I think you could just ask the guys responsible for the admission, if it would help to provide some GRE scores. If they are good, I think they won't harm. I personally think, the non-specialized GRE doesn't really say if you're a good physicist or not, and the stuff they are asking in the test is kinda high school level in Germany. We have a pretty homogenous school system in Germany, so standardized tests are
SayanP
I am a student doing Bachelors studies in Physics at a reputed university in India. I am presently in 5th semester of my course and I desire to do my masters course in the same subject in Germany. I will be obliged if someone helps me out in this matter by suggesting the names of competent Universities in Germany offering masters course in Physics. Also the language of instruction has to be English as I do not have any knowledge in German. Thank you all.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can use the search feature here (international = held in English):
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/07535.en.html [Broken]

Some of the big names are FU Berlin,Bonn,Stuttgart. Karlsruhe,TU Munich and LMU Munich,,,,,,,etc...

I can assist if you have questions in connection with the last two, expect a high probability that I will reply late since I am occupied with certain stuff till the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you buddy. I have already shortlisted a few names and among them TU Munich is on the top. So I will be glad if you can help me.

SayanP said:
Thank you buddy. I have already shortlisted a few names and among them TU Munich is on the top. So I will be glad if you can help me.

Anytime.
Just get in touch (private message) with me starting from 1st Nov.

physiker_192 said:
Anytime.
Just get in touch (private message) with me starting from 1st Nov.

Thank you a lot for your assistance..

Here in Stuttgart there's a International Master's program (in English), which is take by mostly international students with your interests.

Thank you. I do know about Stuttgart. But I want to know whether I need to appear at the GRE to apply there as it is not possible for me to appear at the same exam. If not, the University of Stuttgart is obviously a priority.

sorry, I think I didn't get the question, but I think you don't need a GRE test.

http://www.msc.physics.uni-stuttgart.de/admission.html#requirements [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank u because you provided me the answer I needed to know.

Oh, I'm glad I could help!

Even though the GRE is not required, are those who submit it considered over the other applicants? What is the American equivalent of a 3.6 GPA?

I think you could just ask the guys responsible for the admission, if it would help to provide some GRE scores. If they are good, I think they won't harm. I personally think, the non-specialized GRE doesn't really say if you're a good physicist or not, and the stuff they are asking in the test is kinda high school level in Germany. We have a pretty homogenous school system in Germany, so standardized tests are not really nessecary. The admission guys will probably have a closer look on your grades in physics.
Also GPA is not a thing here,(same reason as above). Just write a transcript of all grades with the original and converted grades: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_Point_Average#Germany

Ok guys..Thank u people for your info..whatever happens it will not be possible for me to appear at GRE..!

1. What are the admission requirements for a Masters course in Physics in Germany?

To be eligible for a Masters course in Physics in Germany, you must have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering. You will also need to provide proof of proficiency in the English or German language, a CV, and letters of recommendation. Some universities may also require you to take an entrance exam.

2. How long does it take to complete a Masters course in Physics in Germany?

The duration of a Masters course in Physics in Germany is typically 2 years. However, some programs may offer an extended thesis option, which can take an additional 6-12 months to complete.

3. What are the job prospects after completing a Masters course in Physics in Germany?

Germany has a strong research and industrial sector, making it an attractive place for physicists to work. With a Masters degree in Physics, you can pursue a career in research, academia, or industry. Some common job roles for Masters in Physics graduates in Germany include research scientist, data analyst, and technical consultant.

4. Are there any scholarships or funding opportunities for international students pursuing a Masters course in Physics in Germany?

Yes, there are several scholarships and funding opportunities available for international students pursuing a Masters course in Physics in Germany. Some of the popular options include DAAD scholarships, Erasmus+ funding, and scholarships offered by individual universities. It is recommended to research and apply for these opportunities well in advance.

5. Can I work while studying for a Masters course in Physics in Germany?

Yes, international students are allowed to work while studying in Germany. As a student, you can work up to 20 hours per week during the semester and full-time during semester breaks. However, it is important to note that your primary focus should be on your studies, and you should not rely on income from part-time work to cover your living expenses.