A funny thing happened while a guy was having a heart attack

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny Heart
In summary, the conversation is about a man who had a heart attack, and a summary of the events surrounding it.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I walked right past him but didn't realize what was happening. I saw this truck driver parked in an odd place. Apparently he was talking on the cell phone which made me think he was lost, but I took note because he stared at me in a very odd manner as I walked by. I noticed that something was odd, but I had no idea that he was in trouble. As it turned out, he was having a heart attack right then and there. I heard about it the next day.

Luckily it seems that he will be okay. For what it's worth, most likely the thing to do would have been to have him chew an aspirin.

Physics news on Phys.org
That's not funny...

One time I walked right past a guy who was getting mauled by a polar bear. He stared at me as I walked past, with a really weird expression on his face.

- Warren

Theres no polar bears in the bay area...

Gokul43201 said:
Yesterday, at the museum, I walked right past this plane - thrice - without noticing it! And I was loooking for it, all the time! Weird!

That's why they call it a stealth bomber...

Pengwuino said:
That's why they call it a stealth bomber...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

Are my jokes so bad, they need explaining? :frown:

Gokul43201 said:

I laughed...

...After I read Pengwuino's post.

This thread reeks of fish

Pengwuino said:
This thread reeks of fish

No wonder you keep coming back.

Gokul43201 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Stealthy joke. :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Next time, I'll be liberal with the smilies. Here, will this work ?

... ... :wink:
... :wink:.:wink:
... :wink:.:wink:.:wink:
... :wink:.:wink:.:wink:.:wink:
..:wink:.:wink:.:wink:.:wink:.:wink:
:wink: ... :wink:.:wink:... :wink:
Oh, wait...:biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Next time, I'll be liberal with the smilies. Here, will this work ?

... ... :wink:
... :wink:.:wink:
... :wink:.:wink:.:wink:
... :wink:.:wink:.:wink:.:wink:
..:wink:.:wink:.:wink:.:wink:.:wink:
:wink: ... :wink:.:wink:... :wink:

Oh, wait...:biggrin:
:rofl: Yeah, I needed explanation on that one, but then I'm pretty fried today, possibly literally...spent the day roasting while running an experiment in a building with the A/C malfunctioning...the repair guy was working on it, but I'm not sure if it was a good or bad sign when heat would come blasting out of the vents...I figure they'll get the A/C working just in time for winter. :rolleyes: Well, at least it was still cooler than it was outside. :yuck:

Yah its like a million degrees here sa well... its so hot my LCD monitor is failing...

And if any of you have any humanity left inside of you, please go here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=126408 and put me out of my misery.

Hey put that gun down ivan, you know what i meant.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
I walked right past him but didn't realize what was happening. I saw this truck driver parked in an odd place. Apparently he was talking on the cell phone which made me think he was lost, but I took note because he stared at me in a very odd manner as I walked by. I noticed that something was odd, but I had no idea that he was in trouble. As it turned out, he was having a heart attack right then and there. I heard about it the next day.

Luckily it seems that he will be okay. For what it's worth, most likely the thing to do would have been to have him chew an aspirin.

Not so happy ending here. Last Wedensday night one of my coworkers died of perhaps a heart attack... Yes, while at work!

Integral said:
Not so happy ending here. Last Wedensday night one of my coworkers died of perhaps a heart attack... Yes, while at work!

Did you know him or her well?

As for the rest, the children can go to bed now. :rolleyes:

Wow, that's shocking.

I wouldn't have known either. Let's hope he's doing better now.

chroot said:
One time I walked right past a guy who was getting mauled by a polar bear. He stared at me as I walked past, with a really weird expression on his face.

- Warren

Did you have him chew an aspirin?

I still don't get the point of this thread. Was it a bad joke?

Don't fault yourself for not noticing, Ivan. It's not always apparent even to the victim. Just a while back, my sister had a major heart attack (yes, this was about a month after our brother died). She just thought that she had indigestion or something. After a couple of days, she went to the doctor, who immediately fired her into the hospital for an angioplasty. During that procedure, she had a stroke. That was accompanied by tachydardia, so they gave her a drug to slow down her heart. Unfortunately, it slowed it down completely. They got it going again, and it immediately went tachycardic again. So now she has a pacemaker to keep the damned thing going when they give her the drugs to slow it down. :rolleyes:
Anyhow, she's okay. Can't use her arm for a month or so, but that's because of the pacemaker wiring, not the stroke. No brain damage other than that which we were all born with. :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
I still don't get the point of this thread. Was it a bad joke?

No.

I didn't really mean that it was funny you fishbird. :rolleyes: By funny I meant odd, or unfortunate. If the guy had died I would probably feel guilty as hell.

Ivan Seeking said:
you fishbird.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
No.

I didn't really mean that it was funny you fishbird. :rolleyes: By funny I meant odd, or unfortunate. If the guy had died I would probably feel guilty as hell.

haha i read funny to mean funny funny, ET. So i thought "... man, ivans being ivan again".

Pengwuino said:
haha i read funny to mean funny funny, ET. So i thought "... man, ivans being ivan again".

Do you really think that I would think this is funny? Of course when one spends one's time taking cheap shots and provoking nonsense, one expects as much.

:rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:
Do you really think that I would think this is funny? Of course when one spends one's time taking cheap shots and provoking nonsense, one expects as much.

:rolleyes:

Quiet ET :grumpy: Go delete someones post you don't agree with :biggrin:

And all of yomammas posts for good measure

1. What is a heart attack?

A heart attack, also known as a myocardial infarction, occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked, usually by a blood clot. This can cause damage to the heart muscle and can be life-threatening if not treated immediately.

2. How does a funny event happen during a heart attack?

It is possible for a person to experience a funny event during a heart attack due to the release of endorphins, which are hormones that can create a sense of humor or euphoria. Endorphins are also released during times of stress or pain, which is why some people may laugh during a heart attack.

3. Is it common for someone to experience a funny event during a heart attack?

No, it is not common for someone to experience a funny event during a heart attack. It may happen in some rare cases, but the majority of people will experience severe pain and other symptoms during a heart attack.

4. Can a funny event during a heart attack be a sign of a less serious condition?

No, a funny event during a heart attack should not be seen as a sign of a less serious condition. It is important to seek immediate medical attention if you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of a heart attack, regardless of any perceived funny events.

5. What should I do if I witness someone experiencing a funny event during a heart attack?

If you witness someone experiencing a funny event during a heart attack, it is important to stay calm and call 911 immediately. The person may still be experiencing a serious medical emergency, and it is important to seek professional medical help as soon as possible.