Top Resources for Aspiring CS Majors - Recommendations and Suggestions

• Thread starter Jordan Joab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain Food
In summary, some recommended sources for aspiring CS majors are dslreports.com for daily news, sourceforge, slashdot, and lugradio for game design and programming, and redbrain.co.uk for blog posts on game development, netbeans, programming, and Linux tutorials.
Jordan Joab
Hey all, what magazines, journals, website, etc. would you recommend for aspiring CS majors? Thank you.

Jordan Joab.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I like reading dslreports.com. They've got important news everyday.

there are wayyy too many to name i guess but really it depends what your into.

I do Mathematics and CS but mainly Math because i only like doing programming in CS.

So depends what you like in CS is it Game design and programming API's or source code and developemnt . then sourceforge slashdot and lugradio are brilliant

i started my own blog gona put up my game development stuff and some netbeans and programming tutorials mainly of getting svn projects and compiling and running them and some linux tutorials

redbrain.co.uk

What are the top resources for aspiring CS majors?

1. Online courses and tutorials: Websites like Coursera, Udemy, and Codeacademy offer a wide range of courses in programming languages, algorithms, and other CS topics.

2. Coding bootcamps: These intensive programs provide hands-on experience and mentorship to help students quickly gain practical skills in coding.

3. Textbooks and study guides: Many universities and colleges have specific textbooks and study materials for CS courses, which can also be accessed online.

4. Coding challenges and competitions: Participating in coding challenges and hackathons can help aspiring CS majors develop their skills and build their portfolio.

5. Online communities and forums: Joining online communities of CS students, professionals, and experts can provide valuable networking opportunities and access to support and resources.