How can I use one and half spacing in Latex with the memoir class?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, to apply one and half spacing in a Latex document using the memoir class, you can use the setspace package. However, the \onehalfspacing command may not work, so you may need to manually load the setspace package in your preamble.
EngWiPy
Hello,

How can I apply one and half spacing for my document in Latex? Note: I am using the memoir class.

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Try using the setspace package: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/setspace.html

cristo said:
Try using the setspace package: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/setspace.html

Yes, but \onehalfspacing doesn't work with the memoir class.

Have you loaded the setspace package?

(Save setspace.sty into the folder your tex file is in, and insert \usepackage{setspace} into your preamble).

cristo said:
Have you loaded the setspace package?

(Save setspace.sty into the folder your tex file is in, and insert \usepackage{setspace} into your preamble).

It is already there.

1. What is one and half spacing in LaTeX?

One and half spacing in LaTeX refers to the line spacing between lines of text in a document. It is a common formatting option used to make documents easier to read and more visually appealing.

2. How do I apply one and half spacing in LaTeX?

To apply one and half spacing in LaTeX, you can use the command \onehalfspacing at the beginning of your document. This will set the spacing between lines to one and half times the size of your font.

3. Can I customize the spacing in one and half spacing in LaTeX?

Yes, you can customize the spacing in one and half spacing in LaTeX by using the command \setstretch{1.5}, where the number after "setstretch" represents the desired spacing multiplier. This allows you to fine-tune the spacing to your preference.

4. Is one and half spacing the same as double spacing in LaTeX?

No, one and half spacing and double spacing are different in LaTeX. While one and half spacing increases the line spacing by 1.5 times, double spacing increases it by 2 times. Double spacing is often used for academic papers and manuscripts, while one and half spacing is more commonly used for general documents.

5. Can I change the line spacing in the middle of a document using one and half spacing in LaTeX?

Yes, you can change the line spacing in the middle of a document while using one and half spacing in LaTeX. Simply use the command \singlespacing or \doublespacing to change the spacing to single or double, respectively. Then, use \onehalfspacing to return to one and half spacing.