Quantum Mechanics Lecture Videos

In summary, the University of California San Diego has made Quantum Mechanics lecture videos available on their website. However, apart from the "Modern Physics" lectures, the rest are only available as quicktime streams over rtsp, making it difficult to download. These lectures require a high bandwidth for clear viewing, which makes it challenging for individuals like Farhan Ferozi, who is preparing for a graduate level course in Particle Physics. Farhan is requesting for someone with a broadband connection and a little bit of time to capture and upload these videos for him. He will provide all the necessary technical details for the video capture and internet space for the upload.
Farhan
There are some great Quantum Mechanics lecture videos made available by the University of California San Diego at the following sites.
Modern Physics
physicsstream.ucsd.edu/courses/spring2003/physics130a/[/URL]
[PLAIN]physicsstream.ucsd.edu/courses/fall2003/physics130b/[/URL]
[PLAIN]physicsstream.ucsd.edu/courses/winter2004/physics130c/[/URL]

Apart from the "Modern Physics" lectures, others are quicktime streams over rtsp which makes it impossible to download. Since they require high bandwidth for clear viewing, making it impossible for me to get some benefit from them. I really do need them desperately as I am preparing for a graduate level course in Particle Physics. I would be highly grateful if anyone with a broadband connection & little bit of time is willing to capture these videos & upload them for me. I'll provide all the technical details regarding the video caputer & internet space for the upload.

Regards,
Farhan Feroz

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
i can view them, but how to capture these lecture videos?
need technical details

thx

Thank you for sharing these great resources for Quantum Mechanics lecture videos. As someone who is also interested in this subject, I can understand your frustration with not being able to download the videos due to the high bandwidth requirement. I appreciate your request for someone to capture and upload these videos for you. However, I would suggest reaching out to the University of California San Diego directly to see if they have any alternative options for accessing the videos or if they can provide you with downloadable versions. Additionally, there are many other universities and institutions that offer Quantum Mechanics lecture videos online, so you may want to explore those options as well. Best of luck with your studies!

1. What is quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is the branch of physics that studies the behavior of particles and waves on a microscopic scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles.

2. What are the main principles of quantum mechanics?

The main principles of quantum mechanics include wave-particle duality, superposition, and uncertainty. These principles describe the behavior of particles and waves at the quantum level and help us understand the properties and interactions of matter and energy.

3. How is quantum mechanics different from classical mechanics?

Classical mechanics describes the behavior of macroscopic objects, while quantum mechanics deals with the behavior of particles and waves on a microscopic scale. Classical mechanics follows deterministic laws, while quantum mechanics has a probabilistic nature. Additionally, classical mechanics is based on Newton's laws of motion, while quantum mechanics is based on the principles mentioned in the previous question.

4. How does quantum mechanics relate to everyday life?

Quantum mechanics may seem abstract, but it has many practical applications in our everyday lives. It has been crucial in the development of technologies such as transistors, lasers, and computer chips. It also explains the behavior of materials such as semiconductors and superconductors, which are essential components of modern electronics.

5. Are there any real-life examples that demonstrate the principles of quantum mechanics?

Yes, there are many real-life examples that demonstrate the principles of quantum mechanics. One example is the double-slit experiment, which shows the wave-particle duality of light. Another example is nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which uses the principles of quantum mechanics to create detailed images of the human body. Additionally, the development of quantum computers is also based on the principles of quantum mechanics.