Question about describe graph.

• Thread starter tony.wu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
In summary, the graphs that best match each situation are: 1) F - when the elevators collide, their velocities become 0. 2) C - the police car accelerates from rest until it reaches the speed of the other car. 3) H - one car applies brakes until it stops, causing a decrease in velocity. 4) D - a train applies brakes to match the speed of another train, resulting in a decrease in velocity. 5) G - two balls thrown with the same initial speed in opposite directions experience the same rate of change in velocity due to gravity. 6) I - a car speeds up to match the speed of another car, resulting in an increase in velocity.
tony.wu

Homework Statement

Which of the following graphs applies to each situation?
1) An upward moving elevator colliding with a downward moving elevator.
2) A car moving at a steady speed is overtaken by a police car starting from rest.
3) A car, initially at rest, accelerating and a car moving initially at constant speed applying the brakes until it stops.
4) A train, initially moving at a steady speed, has brakes applied to match the speed of a train on a parallel track.
5) A ball thrown upward and a ball thrown downward at the same time with the same initial speed.
6) A race car speeding up to match the speed of a second race car.

the graph attach in the attachments

The Attempt at a Solution

in my opinion, the match should be:
1)-F, when the the elevators colliding, the V become 0.
2)-B, the police's car is faset than than other car. and when the car meet police at first time, it has already moved a part of displacement. so I think B is match this situation.
3)-H, i guest it should be H, because it said one car brakes until it stop, see graph H, it match it.
4)-D, it said a tain brake the match to other so V is reduce and same as another, the displace change rate should be equal after the speed mache. so I choose D.
5)-G, one ball up and one ball down with same speed, the value of V is equal but direction is opposite. two ball just affect by gravitation so the rate of changing should be equal. I choose G.
6)-I, a car speed up to match the speed of second car. so second car is faster. after they match to get same speed. I choose I.

This is my quiz question online. I can't know right answer now but my answer is not right. I do not know which one is wrong. Please help check my answer and helo explain why it is wrong.

thanks every much.

Attachments

• 89E87045-CD38-449D-A155-8930C83B60F3.jpg
    89E87045-CD38-449D-A155-8930C83B60F3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 949
Physics news on Phys.org
1) F2) C (the police car accelerates from rest until it reaches the speed of the other car)3) H4) D5) G6) I

1. What is a graph?

A graph is a visual representation of data that shows the relationship between different variables or entities. It typically consists of two axes, with one representing the independent variable and the other representing the dependent variable.

2. How do I describe a graph?

To describe a graph, start by identifying the type of graph (e.g. bar graph, line graph, pie chart). Then, describe the key features such as the title, axes labels, units of measurement, and data points. Use specific language to describe the trends or patterns shown in the graph, and support your description with numerical data if available.

3. What is the purpose of a graph?

The purpose of a graph is to visually communicate complex data in a clear and concise manner. It allows viewers to quickly understand relationships and patterns that may not be obvious from looking at raw data. Graphs are commonly used in scientific research, business, and education.

4. How do I choose the right type of graph for my data?

The type of graph you choose depends on the type of data you have and the message you want to convey. For example, a bar graph is useful for comparing discrete categories, while a line graph is better for showing trends over time. Consider the variables and purpose of your data before selecting a graph type.

5. How can I make my graph more visually appealing and easy to read?

To make your graph more visually appealing and easy to read, consider the following tips: choose a clear and appropriate color scheme, use appropriate scale and labels for the axes, include a legend if necessary, and avoid clutter and unnecessary elements. It is also important to ensure that the data is accurately represented and clearly labeled.