Saturn hurricane spotted by Cassini

In summary, the Saturn hurricane that was spotted by Cassini is a massive, long-lasting storm on the planet Saturn, estimated to be 1,250 miles wide and fueled by a combination of heat, energy, and rotation. It has been active for over 15 years and is much larger than hurricanes on Earth, but shares similar characteristics. Its exact cause is still being studied.
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Gotta love Cassini.
There's so much hype about Mars exploration, but the stuff from Cassini beats all of that in my opinion. It really feels like an alien world being explored.
Heck, Huygens landing video gave me thrills like no other science news ever.

I like the artist rendition coloration, makes the pics look really cool in the above. I should add the south pole also has a hurricane that was spotted prior. Are these constant or do they gradually dissipate?

1. What is the Saturn hurricane that was spotted by Cassini?

The Saturn hurricane that was spotted by Cassini is a massive storm on the planet Saturn, similar to a hurricane on Earth. It was first observed by the Cassini spacecraft in 2006 and has been continuously monitored since then.

2. How big is the Saturn hurricane?

The Saturn hurricane is estimated to be about 1,250 miles wide, which is almost 20 times the size of a typical hurricane on Earth. It is also much taller, with cloud heights reaching up to 60 miles.

3. How long has the Saturn hurricane been active?

The Saturn hurricane has been active for over 15 years, making it one of the longest-lasting storms ever observed in our solar system. It is still currently active and shows no signs of dissipating.

4. What causes the Saturn hurricane?

The exact cause of the Saturn hurricane is still being studied, but it is believed that the storm is fueled by a combination of heat and energy from Saturn's atmosphere and jet streams, as well as the planet's rotation. Its unique shape and location may also be contributing factors.

5. How does the Saturn hurricane compare to hurricanes on Earth?

The Saturn hurricane is much larger and longer-lasting than hurricanes on Earth, but they both share similar characteristics such as strong winds and spinning motion. However, the Saturn hurricane is located at the planet's north pole, while hurricanes on Earth typically form in the tropics.