Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, the EXPO 2005 in Japan featured the mammoth exhibit as its main attraction. The exhibit showcased a detailed replica of a mammoth head created by Remie Bakker, along with the remains of the actual animal. There is also a website dedicated to mammoths in Siberia, and the speaker has written books on the subject and is open to answering any questions about mammoths.
Andre
So the EXPO 2005 opened in Japan the other month and the star of the show is the http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/mammoth/mammoth_project_00.html .

A much better look of the animal here. Left the fosil remains of the head of the animal, observed by the maker of the "exact" replica, Remie Bakker that's visible on the right.

So anybody like discussing mammoths in Siberia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Hmm, Mammoths are out huh. How about it's own webside?

http://www.yukagirmammoth.com/

Oh and I helped writing one book and coauthored a second one on this particular fossil. They can be available any moment. So if there is anything you want to know about mammoths but didn't know whom to ask it to, try me.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan to be a fascinating event. It's great to see a focus on such a majestic and mysterious creature like the mammoth. The website provides a detailed look at the project and the replica, and I appreciate the effort put into creating an accurate representation. It's also interesting to see the collaboration between the Japanese and Dutch teams in bringing this project to life. As for discussing mammoths in Siberia, I think it's a great opportunity to learn more about their history and the role they played in the ecosystem. Overall, I think the EXPO 2005 is a unique and educational experience for anyone interested in mammoths and prehistoric animals.

1. What is "Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan"?

"Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan" was an international exposition held in Aichi Prefecture, Japan in 2005. It was also known as the "Aichi Expo" or "World's Fair" and was focused on the theme of "Nature's Wisdom". The event featured exhibitions, cultural events, and educational programs from over 120 countries and organizations.

2. When was "Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan" held?

The expo was held from March 25, 2005 to September 25, 2005. It was open to the public for 6 months.

3. What was the purpose of "Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan"?

The main purpose of the expo was to promote international cooperation and understanding, as well as to showcase innovative solutions for a sustainable future. The theme of "Nature's Wisdom" aimed to highlight the importance of nature and its role in human society.

4. What were some of the main attractions at "Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan"?

The expo featured a variety of attractions, including a 55-meter tall Tower of the Sun, a Global House that showcased traditional homes from different countries, and a Forest Experience Zone where visitors could interact with nature. There were also various exhibitions on technology, science, and culture, as well as performances and events held throughout the duration of the expo.

5. How many people attended "Explore the Mammoth: EXPO 2005 in Japan"?

According to official statistics, approximately 22 million people visited the expo during its 6-month run. This made it one of the most visited world fairs in history.