Two Poly Sci in Same Semester?

• Thread starter Tanner65
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Semester
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of taking two poly sci classes in the same semester at a community college. The classes are both at the freshman level and taught by the same teacher, back to back from 11 to 250. The speaker shares their experience of doing this and suggests packing a lunch. They also mention that the second course was easier due to having the department chair as the instructor who shared their worldview and political background.
Tanner65
What do you think about taking two poly sci classes in the same semester? They're both the freshman level (American Government/State and Local Government) with the same teacher, in the same class room, back to back from 11 to 250 and at a community college.

What's your opinion on it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I did it.

Pack a lunch.

Shackleford said:
I did it.
When you took them, it wasn't too much political bs overload?

Tanner65 said:
When you took them, it wasn't too much political bs overload?

For the second political science course, I had the department chair. He was a nice guy and obviously of the same worldview and political background. Regardless, I enjoyed his class. It was a bit easier than the other political science course, because of the instructor.

1. What is "Two Poly Sci in Same Semester"?

"Two Poly Sci in Same Semester" refers to taking two political science courses during the same semester in college.

2. Is it common to take two Poly Sci courses at the same time?

It depends on the individual college or university. Some schools may require students to take multiple courses in their major during the same semester, while others may not allow it. It is important to check with your academic advisor or the school's academic policies to see if it is allowed.

3. Will taking two Poly Sci courses in the same semester be overwhelming?

This varies from person to person. Some students may find it overwhelming while others may thrive with a heavier course load. It is important to consider your time management skills and workload from other classes before deciding to take two Poly Sci courses in the same semester.

4. Are the course materials and workload similar in both courses?

It depends on the specific courses you are taking. Some Poly Sci courses may have overlapping materials and assignments, while others may cover different topics and have varying workloads. It is important to research the syllabi of both courses and speak with the professors to gain a better understanding of what to expect.

5. Can taking two Poly Sci courses in the same semester benefit me?

Yes, taking multiple courses within the same subject can provide a deeper understanding and knowledge of the subject. It can also help with time management and organization skills. However, it is important to not overload yourself and make sure you have enough time to dedicate to each course.