Register to reply

Carbon steel fatigue and temperature properties

Share this thread:
Qluq
Jul7-14, 07:42 AM
P: 14
Hi everyone,

I need some specific mechanical properties of A516 carbon steel, but as yet I am unable to find it online. Can you help me find the fatigue limit and the relation between yield strength and temperature? Are there tabulated values for this?

Thanks!
Mark

edit: found it! seems i need the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code part 2: materials section D: properties...
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Tiny UAVs and hummingbirds are put to test
Britain to trial driverless cars from 2015
NIST corrosion lab tests suggest need for underground gas tank retrofits
Greg Bernhardt
Jul10-14, 04:33 PM
Admin
P: 9,334
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?
Qluq
Jul11-14, 10:56 AM
P: 14
Thanks Greg,

no worries! i found where i can find the data i need and had already put it in the edit of the opening post. that's probably why nobody has reacted.

Astronuc
Jul13-14, 11:41 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Carbon steel fatigue and temperature properties

One pretty much has to buy the appropriate ASME BPV section/case for a code/case material.

ASM has some books, including one on Carbon steels, but they are fairly general. If one is using a case, then buy the appropriate documentation.

Register to reply