Shoe Sole Inserts: Find Comfort & Durability

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
In summary: Why do women like shoes so much? reallySome people collect shoes, some people collect stamps. It doesn't mean all... people... collect shoes.
KingNothing
Hi. It seems that every time I buy a pair of shoes, the soles and the heel of the shoe are the first to go. They usually go long before the rest of the shoe. That said, I would feel kind of odd replacing the whole thing.

What types of replaceable shoe sole insert do you reccommend? I want something that stays put and is comfortable, and lasts for a long time. (also, is there a way to replace or soften the heel?)

Physics news on Phys.org
You can go to any shoe repair shop and they can add external heel and toe (whatever they are called) things. Preferably have these added when the shoes are still new, if you know you wear these out.

There are tons of inner sole replacements and inserts, just experiment until you find something you like, they're cheap.

A shoe shop can also replace the heel if you wear it out, but it's only worth the cost if you buy expensive shoes.

If you add an inner sole insert to your shoes, keep in mind when trying them on that it will take a little space (ideally, have the insert with you when trying them on). You may need to get a half size bigger if the insert pushes your foot forward or up in the shoe.

why do women like shoes so much? really

Yah seriously... its like if you take a girls shoes away, they'll cut your head off quite literally.

ron damon said:
why do women like shoes so much? really
They keep my feet warm and dry and they don't let you in a lot of buildings if you don't wear shoes (or a shirt).

Moonbear said:
They keep my feet warm and dry and they don't let you in a lot of buildings if you don't wear shoes (or a shirt).

What about the psycho ones with 1500 pairs of shoes

And don't give me that "that's an exageration" crap.

Pengwuino said:

yeah, how many girls have I known that take shopping for shoes as the most satisfying activity one can engage in

ron damon said:
yeah, how many girls have I known that take shopping for shoes as the most satisfying activity one can engage in

Yah... it must be something like sex is to men. I'm wondering what would happen if you broke into a girls house and stole all her shoes. Think she'd commit suicide?

I do.

Pengwuino said:
:uhh: They're psycho. You said it yourself. :biggrin:

I know guys who are more shoe-crazy than I am. One buys a different pair of shoes for each suit he buys, and he owns a LOT of suits! :bugeye: I don't get it.

Pengwuino said:
Yah... it must be something like sex is to men. I'm wondering what would happen if you broke into a girls house and stole all her shoes. Think she'd commit suicide?
I do.
She'd probably cry to her parents. Shame on you stealing shoes from little girls. :grumpy:

How many GOOBF cards do you have left? You're going to run out of them soon with this topic. :devil:

I don't like shoes.

Moonbear said:
She'd probably cry to her parents. Shame on you stealing shoes from little girls. :grumpy:

but what if it was an older girl who lives by herself... man they'd go nuts i bet :P

Moonbear said:
I know guys who are more shoe-crazy than I am. One buys a different pair of shoes for each suit he buys, and he owns a LOT of suits! :bugeye: I don't get it.
I buy shoes if absolutely forced by the elements. For girls, they get high just looking at them in a store window.
shoes <-- (girl)

ron damon said:
I buy shoes if absolutely forced by the elements. For girls, they get high just looking at them in a store window.
shoes <-- (girl)

Yah.. there's this girl I know and I am pretty sure she'll put out for some new boots :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: jk

Pengwuino said:
but what if it was an older girl who lives by herself... man they'd go nuts i bet :P
Girls shouldn't live by themselves, that would be child neglect. You're not a girl anymore if you're old enough to live on your own. :wink: Or did you miss that thread?

ron damon said:
I don't even think you've acquired any GOOBF cards. You better start collecting donations of them.

But, seriously, why? Some people collect shoes, some people collect stamps. It doesn't mean all women go nuts about shoes...that's why it's called a stereotype.

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Moonbear said:
Girls shouldn't live by themselves, that would be child neglect. You're not a girl anymore if you're old enough to live on your own. :wink: Or did you miss that thread?

Ugh, ok you want to get all technical on me :P I meant women. And when was there a thread on this? I want to see.

Moonbear said:
But, seriously, why? Some people collect shoes, some people collect stamps. It doesn't mean all women go nuts about shoes...that's why it's called a stereotype.

We're not saying all girls do it... we just want to know WHY they do it. Hell, why do people collect stamps? why do people gamble? WHY WHY WHY moonbutt :devil:

Moonbear said:
I don't even think you've acquired any GOOBF cards.
Smurf owes me a couple.
But, seriously, why? Some people collect shoes, some people collect stamps. It doesn't mean all women go nuts about shoes...
yeah, but shoes are boring. So what's up with girls and them?
How many pairs of shoes do you own?

ron damon said:
So when you have to put on a suit and go out, you wear your sneakers? Or when you head to the gym, are you wearing your dress shoes? And, if you wear a brown suit, do you wear black shoes? Or would it be brown shoes with the black suit? Oh, wait, that's right, it's just sneakers with everything. Methinks you're either fibbing or very young to have never needed to wear a suit yet.

I only have 1 pair of shoes that i actually wear.

I have dress shoes however... but never wear a brown suit so all i need is 1 pair of dress shoes.

Pengwuino said:
I only have 1 pair of shoes that i actually wear.

I have dress shoes however... but never wear a brown suit so all i need is 1 pair of dress shoes.
Doesn't it sound worse to own shoes you don't wear than to wear a lot of different shoes? :rofl:

Shoes I actually wear...1 pair of black flat shoes that are somewhere between casual and dressy (these are the ones I wear most days), 1 pair of sneakers (can wear with shorts or jeans), 1 pair of brown flat shoes, and one pair of black shoes with high heels, because it's faster to wear those than get around to hemming pants (they also work with skirts).

I have sandals that I wear in summer...two pairs, one tan and one black.

In shoes infrequently worn:
Then there's one pair of black sandals with a heel that are more dressy, and a pair of tan, strappy high heels that have one and only one purpose, and it's not walking. :devil:

No, i just have 2 pair, the dress and the ones i wear, no others :P

Thanks for the...erm...first reply, everybody...:)

Moonbear said:

I have had the same pair of shoes for a year and a half now... and they still aren't completely messed up!:smile:

woot

moose said:
I have had the same pair of shoes for a year and a half now... and they still aren't completely messed up!:smile:
woot
That's definitely a difference. Every year or two, I need to buy new shoes because the old ones have begun to fall apart. I think they make men's shoes more durable than women's shoes (or else I'm not as dainty and delicate as they expect me to be with them...I haven't run into any guys willing to throw their cape down over mud puddles so I can avoid walking through them).

Moonbear said:
So when you have to put on a suit and go out, you wear your sneakers? Or when you head to the gym, are you wearing your dress shoes? And, if you wear a brown suit, do you wear black shoes? Or would it be brown shoes with the black suit? Oh, wait, that's right, it's just sneakers with everything. Methinks you're either fibbing or very young to have never needed to wear a suit yet.

Never wear a suit. It's either me or it. Most choose the suit though :bugeye:

1. What are shoe sole inserts?

Shoe sole inserts, also known as insoles, are removable footbeds that are placed inside shoes to provide added comfort and support. They can be made from a variety of materials such as foam, gel, or cork.

2. How do shoe sole inserts provide comfort?

Shoe sole inserts provide comfort by absorbing shock and reducing pressure on the feet. They can also help correct any imbalances in the feet and provide additional cushioning for those with foot conditions or injuries.

3. Are shoe sole inserts durable?

The durability of shoe sole inserts depends on the material they are made from and the level of wear and tear they are exposed to. Generally, higher quality materials such as gel or cork tend to be more durable than foam inserts.

4. Can shoe sole inserts be used in any type of shoe?

Yes, shoe sole inserts can be used in a variety of shoes including sneakers, dress shoes, and even high heels. However, the type of insert needed may vary depending on the type of shoe and the individual's foot needs.

5. How often should shoe sole inserts be replaced?

The lifespan of shoe sole inserts can vary, but on average they should be replaced every 6-12 months depending on the frequency of use and level of wear. It is important to regularly check the condition of your inserts and replace them when they show signs of wear and tear.