Finding a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET Spice Model

In summary, if you are looking for a 2SJ295 power MOSFET SPICE model, you may need to make your own as there is currently no available model from the manufacturer, Hitachi. However, you can check out the link provided for SPICE models from STMicroelectronics or refer to the book "Semiconductor Device Modelling with SPICE" for more information on MOSFET modelling. It is also important to note that there are different levels of MOSFET models and it is recommended to use the full model for accuracy.
mervincris
is there a place where i could get a 2SJ295 power mosfet spice model? any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Who makes it? Have you checked the manufacturer's website? If no model is available, you can make your own from the datasheet.

the only manufacturer that i found with a datasheet for the said power mosfet is hitachi. unfortunately, they don't have a spice model for that.

i'll just spend my time making my own model. by the way, does all kinds of mosfets share the same code for the spice model? thanks.

See the link at the bottom of this page for SPICE models for MOSFETs from STMicroelectronics (formerly SGS Thomson):

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/families/transistors/power_mosfets/spice_models/spice_models.htm

A very good book about SPICE component modelling is "Semiconductor Device Modelling with SPICE", edited by Antognetti and Massobrio. Check out your local technical library to see if they have a copy you can borrow.

In that book's chapter 4, three levels of MOSFET model are discussed. I think that most SPICE programs would use the full model, but I don't know that for sure. The simpler models will run faster, but may lose some accuracy in some operating areas. For jellybean power applications of MOSFETs (where you aren't pushing the high-frequency modelling very much), it probably doesn't matter if a simpler model is used. Table 4-1 in the book lists all 36 of the model parameters, with default and typical values, and says what level models the parameters apply to.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET Spice Model?

A 2SJ295 Power MOSFET Spice Model is a mathematical representation of the behavior of a 2SJ295 power metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET) in a SPICE simulation. It includes parameters such as threshold voltage, output resistance, and capacitances, which allow for accurate simulation of the transistor's behavior in a circuit.

2. Why is it important to have a Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET?

Having a Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET is important because it allows engineers and scientists to accurately simulate and analyze the behavior of the transistor in a circuit before physically building it. This can save time and resources and help ensure the circuit will function as intended.

3. Where can I find a Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET?

Spice Models for 2SJ295 Power MOSFETs can be found on various websites and online databases, including semiconductor manufacturers' websites and open-source SPICE model libraries. It is important to ensure that the model is from a reliable source and accurately represents the specific transistor being used.

4. How do I use a Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET in a SPICE simulation?

To use a Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET in a SPICE simulation, you will first need to download the model from a reliable source and save it in the same directory as your SPICE simulation file. Then, you can include the model in your circuit by specifying the model name and its parameters in the netlist. Refer to the specific SPICE simulation software's documentation for more detailed instructions.

5. Can I modify or create my own Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET?

Yes, it is possible to modify or create your own Spice Model for a 2SJ295 Power MOSFET. However, this requires a deep understanding of the transistor's characteristics and behavior, as well as knowledge of SPICE modeling techniques. It is recommended to use an existing model from a reliable source if available.