Missing matter found in deep space

In summary, a conversation took place regarding a news article discussing the discovery of a new type of matter in space. The original poster was criticized for not putting in enough effort to find more information, but they defended themselves by saying they were simply sharing an interesting topic. The discussion then shifted to the possibility of this discovery being connected to dark energy forces, and a link was provided for further discussion.
bassplayer142
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080520/sc_nm/space_matter_dc

Is this new or old news? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
You are not being fair to the members of this forum. You could put in more effort in trying to find answers. I did a search J. Michael Shull mentioned in the article and found his home page.
http://casa.colorado.edu/~mshull/

I never had the intent of making someone else do my work or research. I simply just put out a topic that may have been something new that would be of interest from the people of this forum. Nobody has to reply to the topic. Does this dismiss the idea of dark energy forces or is this independent of that?

I've closed this duplicate thread. Please follow the link provided by Wallace to discuss this further.

What is missing matter in deep space?

Missing matter in deep space refers to the large amount of matter that scientists believe should exist in the universe but has not yet been detected or observed. This matter is often referred to as "dark matter" or "missing mass."

How was missing matter discovered in deep space?

Scientists have discovered missing matter in deep space through a variety of methods, including studying the rotation of galaxies, observing the bending of light from distant objects, and analyzing the cosmic microwave background radiation.

Why is missing matter important in understanding the universe?

Missing matter is important because it makes up a significant portion of the universe's total mass and energy. Understanding its properties and distribution can help us better understand the formation and evolution of the universe.

What is the difference between dark matter and normal matter?

Dark matter is different from normal matter in that it does not interact with light, making it invisible to traditional telescopes. It also does not emit any form of electromagnetic radiation, so it cannot be detected through traditional observational methods.

What are some theories about the nature of missing matter in deep space?

There are several theories about the nature of missing matter, including the possibility that it is made up of exotic particles that have not yet been discovered, or that our understanding of gravity is incomplete and needs to be modified to explain the behavior of missing matter.