How to solve this problem? Help me

• Thread starter mech123
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a project involving a safety device in a turbine called a Friction lever and shear pin, which acts as a torque limiter. The objective is to find the triggering moment and load distribution in order to redesign the assembly for safety. The problem is identified as a nonlinear dynamic problem with rigid body motion, and a multibody dynamic analysis is suggested as a solution. Attached diagrams and patents are also mentioned.
mech123
How to solve this problem? Help me please

Hi All,

A I got a nice project to do there is a safety device in turbine called Friction lever and shear pin which acts like a torque limiter ,that is the shear pin breaks when the excessive load is acting on the system.[The friction device which is connected to a guide vane detaches when there is excessive load in the guide vane of turbine].The geometry of model is exactly like a planar 4 link mechanism.with rotations possible at fixed pins
the objective is to find the triggering moment acting on both the devices.to find the load distribution through out the pin lever assembly and there by redesign the assembly for a safe region.
Can you advice this belong to which category and how to solve?
By my understanding is a nonlinear dynamic problem with rigid body motion so that we have to perform a multibody dynamic analysis to get the load distribution.please help me

Engineering news on Phys.org

Can you show a diagram?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 368

1. How do I even begin to solve this problem?

The first step to solving any problem is to understand the problem itself. Take some time to read through the problem carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked. Identify any key information or equations that may be relevant to solving the problem.

2. I am stuck on a specific step, how do I move forward?

If you are stuck on a particular step, try breaking it down into smaller parts. Can you simplify the problem or approach it from a different angle? If you are still struggling, consider asking a colleague or professor for help.

3. What resources can I use to help me solve this problem?

There are many resources available to help you solve problems, including textbooks, online resources, and study groups. Make use of these resources and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

4. How can I check if my solution is correct?

One way to check if your solution is correct is to work backwards from the answer. Plug your solution back into the original problem and see if it makes sense. You can also compare your solution to known examples or ask for feedback from a peer or instructor.

5. I am feeling overwhelmed, how can I stay focused while solving this problem?

Staying organized and breaking the problem into smaller, manageable parts can help you stay focused. Take breaks when needed and try to approach the problem with a clear mind. Remember that problem solving takes time and practice, so be patient with yourself.