Make a Pdf file into an ordinary web file (html file)?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the difficulties of reading PDF files and the desire to convert them into a more user-friendly format. The participants discussed various options for alternative PDF readers, including free options such as Foxit and Visagesoft. The conversation highlighted the frustration with slow loading times and the preference for faster and more efficient PDF readers.
sobored
I have a hard time reading pdf files and i can not stand this file type. it is so slow and give me sickness and headache. :cry: It crushes me that the manufacturers are very fond of this file type :grumpy: . How can i make a pdf file into an ordinary web file which is very easier to read?

For example this one http://www.invitrogen.com/content/sfs/manuals/15596026.pdf

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
The Arobe reader i have is free. Do you have any free links? Or should i have to pay for it? :biggrin:

There are other readers out there besides adobe. I use this http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php for reading text PDF files when I'm forced to use a windows PC. That pgm fits and executes from a usb drive, is fast but the anti-alias fonts are not the greatest(I guess lots of smoothing equates to a doggedly slow start up). Still, I can read 10 pages before acrobat reader even opens.

This one is a little larger but renders fonts a wee-bit better http://www.visagesoft.com/products/pdfreader/

It's still 3287165897346562318461823979817345 times faster than acrobat reader.

What is the process of converting a PDF file into an HTML file?

The process of converting a PDF file into an HTML file involves using a conversion tool or software. This tool reads the PDF file and converts it into an HTML file, which can then be viewed and edited on a web browser.

Why would someone want to convert a PDF file into an HTML file?

There are several reasons why someone might want to convert a PDF file into an HTML file. Some common reasons include making the file more accessible and easier to navigate, improving the file's searchability, and ensuring compatibility across different devices and browsers.

What are the possible limitations of converting a PDF file into an HTML file?

One limitation of converting a PDF file into an HTML file is that the resulting file may not have the same formatting and layout as the original PDF. Some elements, such as images and tables, may not be fully preserved during the conversion process.

Are there any tools or software that can convert a PDF file into an HTML file for free?

Yes, there are several free tools and software available online that can convert a PDF file into an HTML file. Some popular options include Adobe Acrobat, Smallpdf, and PDFtoHTML.net.

Is there a way to customize the conversion of a PDF file into an HTML file?

Yes, some conversion tools and software allow for customization of the conversion process. This can include selecting specific pages or elements to convert, choosing the output format, and adjusting the layout and formatting of the resulting HTML file.