Exam-information math.-qm.-phys

• Thread starter pat1enc3_17
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is preparing for an oral exam in mathematical quantum physics and is seeking advice on what topics to focus on and if there are any common questions. They mention their literature and list some potential topics to cover. They are advised to ask their professor and other students for more specific information.
pat1enc3_17
Hey there

Im preparing for an oral exam in mathematical quantum physics.

not sure if this fits in here very well.

but anyway, anybody had some in exams in the past?
and probably give me some hints what is important, what should I know. And are there any classical questions?

my literature is "Gustafson and Sigal: Mathematical Concepts of Quantum Mechanics"

this isn't very specific information so far, so i name a few topics:
so for instance
stability problems (schrödinger operators, esp. hydrogen), bounds states, many particle systems, Mean field Approximations, 2nd Quantization.

best regards, tks in adv

-pat1enc3_17

Physics news on Phys.org
Hm, it's very difficult to guess what your professor asks. Why don't you ask him, what to prepare for? Maybe there are other students who have had an exam with him, and you can ask them, how the exam looks like.

1. What is "Exam-information math.-qm.-phys"?

"Exam-information math.-qm.-phys" is a term used to refer to the subjects of mathematics, quantum mechanics, and physics as they pertain to exams and test-taking strategies.

2. Why is it important to have exam information for math, quantum mechanics, and physics?

Having exam information for these subjects allows students to better prepare for their exams by understanding what topics will be covered and how they will be tested. It also helps students to focus their studying on the most important concepts.

3. Where can I find exam information for math, quantum mechanics, and physics?

Exam information for these subjects can usually be found on the course syllabus or by asking the instructor. It can also be found online through study guides or practice exams.

4. How can I use exam information to improve my grades in math, quantum mechanics, and physics?

By using exam information, you can tailor your studying to focus on the specific topics and types of questions that will be on the exam. This can help improve your understanding and retention of the material, leading to better grades.

5. Is it necessary to have exam information for these subjects to do well on exams?

While having exam information can be helpful, it is not necessary to do well on exams. It is still important to thoroughly study and understand the material, regardless of whether you have exam information or not.