Anyone had problems with the Razor phone?

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, a lot of people have problems with Razors. The tech help told my friend that it's only a small percentage of this model, but it seems that a lot of people have problems with them. They said they'd give her a new razor, but she wants something else that's reliable. That would involve "upgrading" if she's eligible for that, or outright buying a new phone.
zoobyshoe
A friend of mine has had two Razors go out on her in the space of a year. The audio becomes crackly, both outgoing and incoming.

The tech help told her that this only happens to a small percentage of this model, but it seems that a lot of people have problems with Razors.

They said they'd give her a new razor, but she wants something else that's reliable. That would involve "upgrading" if she's eligible for that, or outright buying a new phone.

Anyway, have any of you had troubles with it? Were you able to get any satisfaction?

Computer science news on Phys.org
zoobyshoe said:
A friend of mine has had two Razors go out on her in the space of a year. The audio becomes crackly, both outgoing and incoming.

The tech help told her that this only happens to a small percentage of this model, but it seems that a lot of people have problems with Razors.

They said they'd give her a new razor, but she wants something else that's reliable. That would involve "upgrading" if she's eligible for that, or outright buying a new phone.

Anyway, have any of you had troubles with it? Were you able to get any satisfaction?
My cell phone is the basic "free" phone they offered. I'm into functional, not frlilly.

Nope.

texxxxxxxxxxxt

cyrusabdollahi said:
Nope.

texxxxxxxxxxxt
Just to be clear, you're saying you have a Razor but have had no problems with it?

Yeah, it was a *****. The first time that I tried to shave with it, I got an antenna stuck up my nose.

zoobyshoe said:
Just to be clear, you're saying you have a Razor but have had no problems with it?

Yeap.

texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt

Danger said:
Yeah, it was a *****. The first time that I tried to shave with it, I got an antenna stuck up my nose.

I thought this might be her problem but she insists she doesn't know how all the little hairs got stuck to it.

I just recently "upgraded" phones, but didn't get the razor because I've heard murmurings of people not being happy with them. I haven't heard any specifics, just that they were over-hyped mostly.

I'm not sure the so-called upgrade I got is any better, though. I'm thinking I might have been better off just buying the battery my old phone needed. I thought getting a new phone for free would be better than paying $50 for a new battery. I keep needing to pull out the battery to reset this stupid thing when it stops responding. I don't need a phone with all the features this thing has, but they didn't have any tri-mode phones that didn't have all these extra features (that's the only thing I DO need is a tri-mode phone because it's not far to the middle of nowhere with only analog signal from here).

Moonbear said:
I just recently "upgraded" phones, but didn't get the razor because I've heard murmurings of people not being happy with them. I haven't heard any specifics, just that they were over-hyped mostly.
One guy here said he read they have heat dissipation problems which leads to premature breakdown. I thought if I could verify this she could use it as leverage to get a more robust phone to replace it without any undue hassle.

zoobyshoe said:
I thought this might be her problem but she insists she doesn't know how all the little hairs got stuck to it.
How short? And were they curly? How big was that antenna?

zoobyshoe said:
One guy here said he read they have heat dissipation problems which leads to premature breakdown. I thought if I could verify this she could use it as leverage to get a more robust phone to replace it without any undue hassle.

Mmmmmmmmmm, no. Mine works just fine. Everyone has one of these, and I have not heard them complaining.

The only thing that sucks is the voice recognition, but that's a software thing.

I know three people that had them and then had to get new ones (they were popular here when they first came out), except most of their problems were due to the phones being too fragile. One friend had it in her purse one day, came home, took it out and it was in two pieces. Another had it in his pocket and it fell out when he sat down and stopped working, the other friend's one just died one day for no reason.

1. What are the most common problems reported with the Razor phone?

The most common problems reported with the Razor phone are battery life issues, screen freezing or blacking out, touch screen sensitivity problems, and software glitches.

2. How can I improve the battery life of my Razor phone?

To improve the battery life of your Razor phone, you can try turning off unused apps and features, lowering the screen brightness, and disabling location services when not in use. You can also try using a high-quality charger and avoiding overcharging your phone.

3. Why does my Razor phone keep freezing or blacking out?

This could be due to a software glitch or a lack of memory on your phone. Try closing unused apps, clearing your phone's cache, and performing a software update to see if this resolves the issue.

4. My Razor phone's touch screen is not responding properly. What can I do?

If the touch screen is not responding properly, try cleaning the screen with a soft, dry cloth and make sure your hands are clean when using the phone. If the issue persists, you may need to recalibrate the touch screen or bring your phone to a professional for repair.

5. Is there a way to fix software glitches on my Razor phone?

Yes, software glitches can often be fixed by performing a software update or factory reset on your Razor phone. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.