Equation in natural number

• Thread starter oszust001
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Natural
In summary, the conversation discusses the identity \sum_{i=0}^{n}2^{n-i} {n+i \choose i}=2^{2 n} and how to prove its validity for all natural numbers. It is mentioned that the original identity was incorrect and should be\sum_{i=0}^{n}2^{n-i} {n+i \choose i}=2^{2^{n}} The conversation also touches on the solutions for the equation 2n=2^{2^{n}} and concludes that the identity is true for n=1 and n=2.
oszust001
How can I show that:
[tex]\sum_{i=0}^{n}2^{n-i} {n+i \choose i}=2^{2^{n}} [/tex]
for every natural numbers

Physics news on Phys.org
The identity is wrong, it should be

[tex]
\sum_{i=0}^{n}2^{n-i} {n+i \choose i}=2^{2 n}
[/tex]

ok my foult. so how can i solve that equation?

Well, this
[tex]
[/tex]

is an identity it is true for all [tex]n[/tex] but, if I understand correctly, you may ask for the values of [tex]n[/tex] that make
[tex]
\sum_{i=0}^{n}2^{n-i} {n+i \choose i}=2^{2^{n}}
[/tex]
true. In this case we have the equation [tex]2n=2^{2^{n}}[/tex], and the solutions are [tex]n \in \lbrace 1,2 \rbrace[/tex].

AtomSeven said:
The identity is wrong, it should be

[tex]
[/tex]
Version of AtomSeven is good.
How can I show that [tex]
[/tex]
is good for every natural numbers

1. What is an equation in natural numbers?

An equation in natural numbers is a mathematical statement that shows the relationship between two or more natural numbers. It consists of two sides, the left side and the right side, with an equal sign in between. The goal is to find the value of the unknown number(s) that make the equation true.

2. How do you solve an equation in natural numbers?

To solve an equation in natural numbers, you must isolate the unknown number(s) on one side of the equal sign by performing the same operation on both sides of the equation. The order of operations (PEMDAS) should be followed, and the solution must be a natural number, which is a positive whole number (excluding 0).

3. Can an equation in natural numbers have more than one solution?

Yes, an equation in natural numbers can have more than one solution. This is because there can be multiple combinations of natural numbers that make the equation true. For example, the equation 3x + 2 = 8 has two solutions, x = 2 and x = 6.

4. What is the difference between an equation in natural numbers and an equation in whole numbers?

The only difference between an equation in natural numbers and an equation in whole numbers is that natural numbers do not include 0, while whole numbers include both 0 and positive integers. Therefore, an equation in whole numbers can have 0 as a solution, while an equation in natural numbers cannot.

5. How are equations in natural numbers used in real life?

Equations in natural numbers are used in various real-life situations, such as calculating the cost of items when shopping, determining the number of people in a group based on the total number of items they have, and solving problems in fields like engineering, economics, and physics. They are also used in creating patterns and sequences in mathematics and computer science.