Electronics circuit design programs

In summary, the conversation was about looking for a virtual program to get voltage measurements in a design circuit using an oscilloscope and function generator. The person mentioned using ISIS Design but was unable to get the desired measurements. They asked for recommendations for a helpful program, as they do not have a function generator or oscilloscope at home. Another person suggested LTspice as a free and powerful option with support from other users.
luigihs
Hello,
Im kinda of new beginner I am looking for virtual program to get Voltage in and Voltage in a design circit using the oscilloscope and function generator, I using ISIS Design and I can get the oscilloscope getting the sine wave, and the function generator that helps to change the frequency but it doesn't give me the Vin and Vout for that frequency. Does anyone know any helpful program? because I don't have at home function generator and oscilloscope I want to use something virtual. Thanks a lot!

Engineering news on Phys.org
luigihs said:
Hello,
Im kinda of new beginner I am looking for virtual program to get Voltage in and Voltage in a design circit using the oscilloscope and function generator, I using ISIS Design and I can get the oscilloscope getting the sine wave, and the function generator that helps to change the frequency but it doesn't give me the Vin and Vout for that frequency. Does anyone know any helpful program? because I don't have at home function generator and oscilloscope I want to use something virtual. Thanks a lot!

Have you looked at some of the Spice based circuit simulation packages? There's a bit of a learning curve for more advanced uses, but you should be able to get going with simple circuits in a few minutes. Do a web search for LTspice. It's very powerful, free, and there's lots of support from other users to be found on the web.

1. What is an electronics circuit design program?

An electronics circuit design program is a software tool that allows users to create, simulate, and analyze electronic circuits. These programs provide a virtual platform for designing and testing different types of circuits, including digital and analog circuits, before they are physically built.

2. What are the benefits of using an electronics circuit design program?

Using an electronics circuit design program has several benefits, such as saving time and money by eliminating the need for physical prototyping, providing a platform for testing and troubleshooting circuits, and allowing for easy modifications and optimization of circuit designs.

3. Can beginners use electronics circuit design programs?

Yes, many electronics circuit design programs are designed with user-friendly interfaces, making them accessible to beginners. Some programs also offer tutorials and guides to help beginners learn the basics of circuit design.

4. What types of circuits can be designed using these programs?

Electronics circuit design programs can be used to design a wide range of circuits, including simple circuits like resistors and capacitors, as well as complex circuits such as microcontrollers and integrated circuits. These programs also allow for the design of both digital and analog circuits.

5. Are there any free electronics circuit design programs available?

Yes, there are several free electronics circuit design programs available online. Some popular options include LTspice, KiCad, and QUCS. These programs offer many of the same features as paid programs and are a great option for beginners or those on a budget.