Are Fujifilm Disposable Cameras Good for Resolution and Color Quality?

• Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Camera
In summary: I use about 5-10 of these per year. For what they cost, they work extremely well- no, they are not good for taking pictures of things in the distance.
leroyjenkens
Ok, I just got a camera and I haven't used one in like 20 years.
I got a fujifilm flash. It was 5$. And I think it's a disposable camera.

On the top of the box it says 27 Exp./Poses. Does that mean that's how many pictures I can take with this thing? That's the only number I see on the entire box that could be the # of pictures.

It says 400 speed film on the back. I have no idea what that means. This box seems to limit the information to reserve room for the 2 other language translations of said limited information.

I heard you can get digital copies of the pictures when I take it back to the store for development. Is that true with disposable cameras?

Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
27 exposure means the number of snapshots you can take,
ASA 400 is a medium speed film for outdoor lighting, decent indoor lighting or flash.
ASA 200 would be a slower film meaning that more light has to enter the camera or for a longer time for a good exposure.
ASA 800 is a faster film and could be used in low lighting areas or of moving objects

you will have to ask your developer he if offers the digital service. Otherwise keep the negative and take it to some place that does.
Fuji is a popular brand.

256bits said:
27 exposure means the number of snapshots you can take,
ASA 400 is a medium speed film for outdoor lighting, decent indoor lighting or flash.
ASA 200 would be a slower film meaning that more light has to enter the camera or for a longer time for a good exposure.
ASA 800 is a faster film and could be used in low lighting areas or of moving objects

you will have to ask your developer he if offers the digital service. Otherwise keep the negative and take it to some place that does.
Fuji is a popular brand.
Or, once the pictures are developed, scan them into your computer as a digital file. Most printers, even dirt cheap ones have a scan function, just depends on the quality you want.

leroyjenkens said:
Ok, I just got a camera and I haven't used one in like 20 years.
I got a fujifilm flash. It was 5$. And I think it's a disposable camera.

On the top of the box it says 27 Exp./Poses. Does that mean that's how many pictures I can take with this thing? That's the only number I see on the entire box that could be the # of pictures.

It says 400 speed film on the back. I have no idea what that means. This box seems to limit the information to reserve room for the 2 other language translations of said limited information.

I heard you can get digital copies of the pictures when I take it back to the store for development. Is that true with disposable cameras?

Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.

The lens in the disposable cameras is usually a wide angle. They are OK indoors, but outside they are not very good for pictures of anything in the distance.

Evo said:
Or, once the pictures are developed, scan them into your computer as a digital file. Most printers, even dirt cheap ones have a scan function, just depends on the quality you want.

Not every scanner will be able to scan negatives.

Unless by "developed pictures" you mean prints, not just a developed negative?

One cheap digital camera is worth 4.8 x 1027 disposable 35mm cameras.

Borek said:
Not every scanner will be able to scan negatives.

Unless by "developed pictures" you mean prints, not just a developed negative?
Thanks for clarifying, yes, I meant prints.

It looks like the Fujifilm Quicksnap Flash has been discontinued, but it's probably similar to the current Quicksnap Superia:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/quicksnap/lineup/superia/

It looks like it contains a standard 35mm film cartridge, so any place that processes Fujifilm should be able to handle it. As edward notes, Walgreens can process them and put them in digital format on a CD for you. I remember doing this once or twice with normal 35mm Kodak film at CVS years ago when I still used film, and I suspect they probably still do it. Also check Wal-Mart.

leroyjenkens said:
<snip>

Thanks.

I use about 5-10 of these per year. For what they cost, they work extremely well- no complaints.

1. How does a disposable camera work?

A disposable camera works by capturing images on a roll of film, which is housed inside a light-proof casing. When the shutter button is pressed, the film is exposed to light through a small opening, which creates an image. The film is then wound onto a spool, and the next section of film is ready to be exposed.

2. How many pictures can you take with a disposable camera?

The number of pictures that can be taken with a disposable camera depends on the type of camera and the film used. On average, most disposable cameras can take between 25-30 pictures. However, some cameras may have a larger capacity and can take up to 36 pictures.

3. Can you reuse a disposable camera?

No, disposable cameras are designed to be used once and then disposed of. The film inside the camera is developed along with the images, making it impossible to reuse the camera. However, there are some disposable cameras that have a reloadable film option.

4. How do you get the pictures from a disposable camera?

After taking pictures with a disposable camera, the film needs to be developed in order to see the pictures. Most disposable cameras can be taken to a photo lab or drugstore for development. Some cameras also come with a prepaid envelope to mail the camera to a development center. Once developed, the images can be printed or saved digitally.

5. Are disposable cameras still relevant in the digital age?

Although digital cameras and smartphones have become the popular choice for capturing images, disposable cameras still have a place in the photography world. They offer a nostalgic and unique experience, and the limited number of pictures can encourage photographers to be more intentional with their shots. Disposable cameras are also great for events and parties where instant prints are desired.