Solve Your Biology Science Fair Emergency with hCG Alternatives

• Thread starter _BaBy_PhAt_
  • Start date
In summary, the person is in a panic because their biology science fair project is due in four days and they need pills or liquids containing hCG for their experiment. However, they found out that hCG is only available with a prescription and it is dangerous to handle. Another person suggests using pregnant women's urine, but the project may need permission and forms for using human subjects. It is also noted that science fair projects nowadays require a lot of regulatory paperwork.
_BaBy_PhAt_
PLEASE! This is an emergency!

My biology science fair is due in four days, and I have a HUGE problem.:cry: I was suppose to get pills or liquids that contain hCG, then add different substances to it to see if the pregnancy test would still read positive, but when I went to the pharmacy today to get them, I found out they are for prescription only:eek: .. does anyone know anything that contains hCG that I could get without prescription?!

please!

id really appreciate it!

Biology news on Phys.org
I'm afraid it's prescription only. It would be dangerous for you to be using hCG in your experiment without handling it very carefully too, because it is a hormone with a fairly high potency.

Why did you wait until the week the project is due to start the project?

Is there any other part of it that you have already done? Maybe there's something that can be salvaged.

_BaBy_PhAt_ said:
.. does anyone know anything that contains hCG that I could get without prescription?! !

Ummm, yes. Pregnant women's urine.

Hope that helps. Check with your school before you bring in a urine sample.

pattylou said:
Ummm, yes. Pregnant women's urine.

Hope that helps. Check with your school before you bring in a urine sample.
Permission would be needed in advance, and appropriate forms for using human subjects to obtain "biohazardous" material would be required, or else the project would be disqualified anyway. Those poor kids need to have nearly as much regulatory paperwork filled out as professional scientists when they enter a science fair nowadays!

What is the meaning of "PLEASE This is an emergency"?

The phrase "PLEASE This is an emergency" is a request for immediate attention or assistance in a critical situation. It is often used in urgent or life-threatening situations where prompt action is necessary.

What types of emergencies warrant the use of "PLEASE This is an emergency"?

Emergencies that require immediate attention or assistance, such as natural disasters, accidents, medical emergencies, or any situation where there is a threat to life or property, may warrant the use of "PLEASE This is an emergency".

Why is it important to use "PLEASE This is an emergency" in urgent situations?

Using the phrase "PLEASE This is an emergency" alerts others to the severity of the situation and the need for immediate action. It can help ensure that the appropriate resources are deployed quickly, potentially saving lives and minimizing damage.

How should "PLEASE This is an emergency" be communicated?

The phrase "PLEASE This is an emergency" can be communicated through various means, such as calling emergency services, sending a text message, or using a loudspeaker. It is important to use a clear and urgent tone to convey the gravity of the situation.

What should I do if I see or hear "PLEASE This is an emergency"?

If you see or hear someone using the phrase "PLEASE This is an emergency", it is important to take immediate action. This may include calling for help, assisting those in need, or following any instructions given by emergency responders. It is crucial to stay calm and take necessary precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.