ThanksTim Benach

• Thread starter Tim Benach
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of language in the fictional Albatross culture and how it may transform into another cultural form. The speaker also mentions the internet culture and its potential for freedom of expression. The Albatross culture is described as a role-playing game to demonstrate the complexity of culture and the limitations of language. The speaker questions the accuracy of the portrayal of the Albatross culture and asks for the other person's impressions if they have participated in the exercise.
Tim Benach
Why do people not use language to communicate in Albertros culture ? How far do you think such a culture reaches before transforming into another cultural form ? Thanks
Tim Benach

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
By the way, is there any remark about such a culture in current social trend you would like to include, especially the society you are living in ?
One of modern culture I would like to remind you of is the internet culture I so-name myself in which I personally think you can find more freedom to have your own opinions around here and there, whenever and whatever.

Tim Benach

Tim Benach said:
Why do people not use language to communicate in Albertros culture ? How far do you think such a culture reaches before transforming into another cultural form ?

Thanks
Tim Benach

I would help if you would give some information on "Albertros culture". I was unable to find anything on that on google.

Albertros...Albertors...Albators...Albatros...Albatross!

"The Albatross Culture" is a role-playing game to demonstrate to students the complexity of culture...

http://www.salto-youth.net/static/downloads/toolbox_downloads.php/274/albatros.pdf

Tim Benach said:
Why do people not use language to communicate in Albertros culture ? How far do you think such a culture reaches before transforming into another cultural form ?

Thanks
Tim Benach
Now that I have read what you are referring to I think that what a person is exposed to of the 'Albatros Culture' is specifically made to be simplistic to throw off the perceptions of the participants. From what I read there really isn't any reason to believe that the 'Albatros' don't use language and really even just the three simple expressions used in the excersize are a sort of language. I think that the limitation of the language is only supposed represent a lack of common language and an ability to communicate and understand what is occurring.

Did you actually participate in this excersize? What were your impressions?

1. What is the significance of the Albertros culture?

The Albertros culture is a highly advanced and evolved society that has made significant contributions to the fields of science, technology, and the arts. Their culture places a strong emphasis on innovation, progress, and community.

2. How do the Albertros people communicate?

The Albertros people have developed a complex and efficient system of communication, which includes both verbal and non-verbal forms. They have also created advanced technologies for long-distance communication, such as telepathy and holographic projections.

3. What are the main values of the Albertros culture?

The main values of the Albertros culture include curiosity, cooperation, and respect for diversity. They also place a high value on education, creativity, and sustainability.

4. How does the Albertros culture view the environment?

The Albertros culture has a deep respect for the environment and strives to live in harmony with nature. They have developed advanced technologies and practices for sustainable living and are constantly working towards preserving their planet for future generations.

5. What are some key traditions or celebrations in the Albertros culture?

The Albertros culture has a rich history of traditions and celebrations, including a yearly festival to honor their ancestors and their contributions to the community. They also have a tradition of exchanging gifts and sharing meals with friends and family during important events and milestones.