Looking for a college with a good neursocience, math, and physics department

In summary, NYU and U of Pitt are two schools with good departments in neuroscience, math, and physics. Dartmouth is also recommended for its neuroscience department, although the quality of its math and physics programs may be unknown.
mejoc
Can anyone recommend a college with a good department in each of those fields? Neuroscience in undergrad is hard to find. I don't know if graduate schools will let you take their courses and make a BS degree out of it...

The two schools that come to mind with good departments in all three are NYU and U of Pitt.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris

Physics news on Phys.org
I know dartmouth is supposed to have a really good neuroscience deparment, or group, or whatever level of organization neuroscience falls under (my friend is going there). I don't know about their math and physics programs, but they can't be too shabby, since it is ivy league

I'll check it out, thanks.

Any others?

1. What is the importance of finding a college with a strong neuroscience, math, and physics department?

A strong neuroscience, math, and physics department can provide students with the necessary foundation and resources to pursue a career in these fields. These subjects are also highly interconnected and can lead to interdisciplinary research opportunities and a more well-rounded education.

2. How do I determine if a college has a good neuroscience, math, and physics department?

One way to determine the strength of a college's neuroscience, math, and physics department is to research the faculty members and their areas of expertise. Look for professors who have published research in these fields and are actively involved in ongoing projects. You can also check for any specialized facilities or equipment that the department may have.

3. Are there any specific college rankings or resources for evaluating neuroscience, math, and physics departments?

Yes, there are several reputable college ranking systems that specifically evaluate the strength of different departments, including neuroscience, math, and physics. Some examples include the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the QS World University Rankings, and the US News & World Report Rankings.

4. What opportunities should I look for in a college's neuroscience, math, and physics department?

In addition to strong faculty and resources, look for colleges that offer opportunities for hands-on research experience, internships, and collaboration with other departments. You may also want to consider the availability of undergraduate research grants and the percentage of students who go on to graduate programs in these fields.

5. How important is the location of a college when considering its neuroscience, math, and physics department?

The location of a college can play a role in the strength of its neuroscience, math, and physics department. For example, a college located near a major research institution or industry hub may have more opportunities for students to participate in collaborative projects and gain hands-on experience. However, the strength of the department itself should ultimately be the main factor in your decision.