Combination circuit help please

In summary, the problem is asking for the total voltage, resistance, power, and current for each bulb in a combination circuit. The power supply should be located at the bottom in the middle, and the circuit contains both parallel and series components. The total resistance is 2.25 A and the individual resistances are R1 = 13.33 A, R2 = 13.33 A, R3 = 13.33 A, and R4 = 40 A with a voltage of 120 V for R4 and 39.99 V for R1, R2, and R3. The original poster is unsure if these values are correct and has provided a diagram for reference.
jenita
The voltage is 120 and its asking me to find total voltage, resistance, power and current. The resistance is given, its all 3 its asking for voltage, power and current for each bulb///please help me...thanks a looot and the picture for this problem is down please click com.jpg...thanks a loot

Attachments

• com.JPG
    com.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 443
Physics news on Phys.org
This looks like a straight forward question. However before any of us can assist you with homework, you need to show us your thought process. What kind of work have you done on this question so far?
Here's an example of what I mean. I also suggest rereading this https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94379, listed at the beginning of this topic. It provides useful information on constructing your posts.

While your thinking about that, I have a question. Where is the power supply supposed to be, in your circuit diagram?

oops sorry the power battery should be at the bottom in the middle sorry about that if u want me to send u another diagram i will...and i don't no which one is parralel and series...when i combined i got the total resistance of 2.25 A... i did 9-1 + 3-1= 2.25 A. i will send u another

i will send u the another diagram in another new post...the title will be combination circuit hw

and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power...for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel...for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not...

1. What is a combination circuit?

A combination circuit is an electrical circuit that contains both series and parallel components. This means that some components are connected in a series, while others are connected in parallel. Combination circuits are commonly used in electronic devices and can be found in everyday appliances such as televisions and computers.

2. How do you calculate the total resistance in a combination circuit?

To calculate the total resistance in a combination circuit, you first need to calculate the individual resistances of each component. For components in series, you simply add the resistances together. For components in parallel, you use the formula 1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3... Once you have the individual resistances, you can use the formula R = V/I to calculate the total resistance.

3. What is the purpose of a combination circuit?

The purpose of a combination circuit is to provide a more efficient and flexible way to control the flow of electricity. By combining series and parallel components, a combination circuit can handle larger currents and provide multiple paths for the flow of electricity. This allows for more complex electrical systems to be created.

4. How do you determine the current and voltage in a combination circuit?

To determine the current and voltage in a combination circuit, you can use Ohm's law (V = IR). First, calculate the total resistance of the circuit. Then, use the formula I = V/R to calculate the total current. From there, you can use the individual resistances and Ohm's law to calculate the current and voltage in each component.

5. What are some common applications of combination circuits?

Combination circuits are commonly used in electronic devices such as computers, televisions, and smartphones. They are also used in power distribution systems to manage and control the flow of electricity. Additionally, combination circuits are used in lighting systems, heating and cooling systems, and many other household appliances.