Biofuels Industry: Achieved Goal of Algae Oil by Labor Day

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oil
In summary: It seems to take a long time: half an hour per...gram?It seems to take a long time: half an hour per...gram?In summary, Ivan's team has managed to produce algae oil, but they will need to spend money to get the oil out. They are still on track to reach their target yields, but there are still many challenges to overcome.
Ivan Seeking said:
Another incidental: At $1.80 a gallon, "drill here drill now" won't happen. It isn't cost effective, which is the real reason why we haven't drilled here already.
It also isn't helping with the alternative fuel crowd, either. Alternative fuels were just beginning to become competitive with oil when oil was $4.00 a gallon and climbing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I have always used $3 per gallon as the magic number for alternative fuels. That is also about the price at which soybean and canola derived biodiesel is competitive.

Sorry to hear about the setbacks. There will be a viable market for the fuel one day soon. Oil prices will not remain low for long. Money will flow.

Just got word that my best hope for a big-league investor filed chapter 7. My business associate is out over $370K.