What Remains of My Collection?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, these are tiny remains of a fish. They are similar to vertebrae found on the spoil heap of a quarry. The development company has bought the site, and it is good that they are plagued by ghostly events.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
These are all that remain of my collection.

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 413
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 418
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 442
Physics news on Phys.org
A few more

These are the tiny ones.

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 446
As a contrast, I visit http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/290/5499/2062 quite often. His collection has almost thrown him and his wife out of the house. In the living, there is a small corner still for visitors and it's possible to stand in the kitchen for cooking. Other than that, it's fossils and fossils and the collection is still growing. I've suggested some migitation solutions. But that was wrong, fossils need to be right there where you can get to them for investigation.

Now if you'd look at the commercial prizes for fossils, his collection is worth many millions, I'm sure. But that's even worse mentioning, fossils are there for scientific research, not for commercial ends, disgusting to even start thinking about that.

I am sure some of these are vertebra, the first one measures 3 1/4*2 3/4 and is 1 1/8 deep.

I'm no biologist but that sounds like it would come from a pretty big animal...do you know what it is?

If it's vertebra then it looks like fish, mammal vertebra are much more complicated.

I found these on the spoil heap of the quarry where this was found

http://www.search.windowsonwarwickshire.org.uk/engine/resource/default.asp?resource=7291

Last edited by a moderator:
Compare to this,

http://Earth'sci.org/fossils/ichthyosaurs/Features/Vertebrae.html

I got my fossils removed when I was a kid. It wasn't so bad, and I got ice cream later. These days they probably have even better anesthesia and techniques, etc., so there's really nothing to be afraid of.

Looks pretty similar and it seems that fish was not far off.

Andre said:
Looks pretty similar and it seems that fish was not far off.

Some development company has bought the site, i just so hate them, it is good that they seem plagued by ghostly events.

What a relief to see the topic of this thread! Going by the title, I was expecting to hear about another of your medical problems.

Danger said:
What a relief to see the topic of this thread! Going by the title, I was expecting to hear about another of your medical problems.

Me medical problems? i just have slight problem with my guts, but i am sure i am healing myself with copious amounts of chili.

What is "The Remnants of My Collection"?

"The Remnants of My Collection" is a collection of artifacts and objects that have been preserved over time. These items hold historical, cultural, or personal significance and are considered valuable by the collector.

How did "The Remnants of My Collection" come about?

The collection may have been curated over many years by the scientist or may have been inherited from a family member or acquired through various means such as auctions, donations, or personal purchases.

What types of items can be found in "The Remnants of My Collection"?

The items in this collection can vary greatly and can include anything from fossils and minerals to antique books and artwork. The collection can also include items from various cultures and time periods, making it a diverse and eclectic mix of objects.

What is the purpose of "The Remnants of My Collection"?

The main purpose of this collection is to preserve and study the objects within it. Scientists may use the collection for research, analysis, and education purposes, while also sharing their findings with the public.

How are the items in "The Remnants of My Collection" preserved?

The items in this collection are typically preserved through proper storage, handling, and conservation techniques. This can include using specific containers, temperature and humidity control, and utilizing specialized preservation materials.