If my rocket has two rocket engines going off each at an impulse at 20.00 N/S .

In summary, the net force applied to a mass is directly proportional to the mass according to Newton's second law. As the mass increases, the net force applied also increases and therefore, the impulse also increases proportionally. This means that the rocket's total amount of impulse will be 40.00 N/S with two rocket engines each having an impulse of 20.00 N/S.
Max CR
If my rocket has two rocket engines going off each at an impulse at 20.00 N/S...

If my rocket has two rocket engines going off each at an impulse at 20.00 N/S, then would the total amount of impulse my rocket has be 40.00 N/S?

Please answer seriosuly only this is extremely important and anybody guessing can throw off my calculation and cause the rocket to steer into a house

Science news on Phys.org
first thing i would look at is the aspect of net forces applied to a mass. Newton's second law f = m.a we note that the net force is directly proportional to the mass therefore the net force may be affected.

m.a = fa + ff

ok, now let's look at impulse. the real question is will the time value for this force applied remain? fnet = f. ∆t will this change or will the increased mass change the ∆t?

i may not have answered directly but hopefully gave you something to consider.

Is that a YES or a NO?

i believe the sum of the forces applied will compensate the resultant impulse.

m.a = (20 + 40) + (fg + air resistance)

therefore the increased impulse is directly proportional to the increased mass.

yes!

1. How do you calculate the total force of the rocket's engines?

The total force of the rocket's engines can be calculated by adding the individual impulses of each engine. In this case, the total force would be 40.00 N/S (20.00 N/S + 20.00 N/S).

2. What is the significance of the impulse of each engine?

The impulse of each engine is a measure of the change in momentum that it provides to the rocket. This is important because it determines the acceleration and overall motion of the rocket.

3. How does the impulse of each engine affect the rocket's speed?

The impulse of each engine is directly related to the rocket's speed. The greater the impulse, the greater the change in momentum and therefore the faster the rocket will move.

4. Can the impulse of a rocket's engines be changed?

Yes, the impulse of a rocket's engines can be changed by altering the amount of propellant used or by modifying the design and efficiency of the engines. This can affect the overall performance and capabilities of the rocket.

5. What is the relationship between impulse and thrust in a rocket?

Impulse and thrust are closely related in a rocket. Thrust is the force that propels the rocket forward, while impulse is the change in momentum that the thrust produces. In order to increase the thrust, the impulse must also be increased.