What is the Average Angular Acceleration of a Fan?

• Thread starter Ion1776
  • Start date
In summary, the average angular acceleration of the fan blades from medium to high speed is 42.6 rad/s^2, calculated using the formula -(355-225)/3.05. The usual constant acceleration equations apply to angular distance, speed, and acceleration, just as they do to linear distance, speed, and acceleration.
Ion1776
The blades of a fan rotate clockwise at −225 rad/s at medium speed, and −355 rad/s at high speed. If it takes 3.05 seconds to get from medium to high speed, what is the average angular acceleration of the fan blades during this time?

Is the answer

-(355-225)/3.05

= 42.6 rad/s^2

Please work it out and tell me if I did this correctly

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Ion1776! :smile:

(try using the X2 tag just above the Reply box :wink:)
Ion1776 said:
The blades of a fan rotate clockwise at −225 rad/s at medium speed, and −355 rad/s at high speed. If it takes 3.05 seconds to get from medium to high speed, what is the average angular acceleration of the fan blades during this time?

Is the answer

-(355-225)/3.05

= 42.6 rad/s^2

Please work it out and tell me if I did this correctly

Yup, that's fine! :biggrin:

(apart from the sign)

the usual constant acceleration equations apply to angular distance speed and acceleration just as they do to linear distance speed and acceleration …

in this case, you can (and did) use v - u = at. :smile:

Yes, your calculation is correct. The average angular acceleration of the fan blades during the 3.05-second time period is 42.6 rad/s^2. This means that the fan blades are accelerating at a rate of 42.6 radians per second squared during this time, which is a measure of how quickly the angular velocity is changing. This calculation is important in understanding the performance and efficiency of the fan.

1. Is this done properly?

This is a very broad question and it depends on what "this" refers to. Can you specify what you are concerned about so I can provide a more accurate answer?

2. How do I know if something is done properly?

The best way to determine if something is done properly is to follow established protocols, guidelines, or instructions. You can also consult with experts or conduct experiments to gather evidence of proper execution.

3. What are the consequences of not doing something properly?

The consequences of not doing something properly can vary depending on the situation. It could result in errors, incorrect conclusions, or even harm to individuals or the environment. It is important to strive for accuracy and precision in scientific work.

4. What are the steps for ensuring that something is done properly?

The steps for ensuring that something is done properly will depend on the specific task or experiment. Generally, it involves carefully following instructions, using appropriate equipment and materials, and documenting the process and results. Quality control measures can also be implemented to ensure proper execution.

5. How can I improve the way I do something?

If you are looking to improve the way you do something, it is important to first identify any potential areas for improvement. This could involve seeking feedback from colleagues or experts, researching new techniques or technologies, or conducting trials or experiments to test different methods. Continual improvement is a key aspect of the scientific process.