Matter distorts dark energy to create space-time

In summary, space-time could be affected by the presence of negative mass. This would help explain the quantization of gravity.
kurious
Dark energy is space and its interaction with vacuum particles is space-time.
Matter affects dark energy and vacuum particles to curve space-time. Anyone agree?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I am not sure...
The main problem is, your statement is very short.
If you could elaborate a little more on it (what does that mean? what are the consequences?), it might be easier to discuss it.

However, you might want to check this: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=33687&page=1&pp=15

The idea I am describing there might be inspired by considerations similar to yours. (Advertisement! Yeah! :tongue2: )

Keep it up! :wink:

Dark energy is only theoratical you know? Anyways explain what you mean. Its hard to start a topic with only a few sentences... :wink:

If I increase the size of a classical vacuum, I increase the volume of space and its density stays constant (at zero kg /m^3).Dark energy is increasing the volume of space it occupies and has constant density.So is dark energy really space?
Space-time could be dark energy plus vacuum particles - both of these would be affected by the presence of normal baryonic matter.Perhaps the effect is the curvature of space-time.I am saying that space-time could be a real phenomenon in the sense that it could have mass and energy.
So the curvature of space-time would be a real physical distortion of matter surrounding a star or planet, for example.This would help with the quantization of gravity because physicists know how to quantize mass and energy but they don't know how to quantize something as abstract as space-time.
I interpret negative mass as being mass that carries momentum in the opposite direction to which it is travelling.A virtual photon made from negative energy could account for the attraction of electric charges of opposite sign.

Last edited:

What is matter and how does it distort dark energy?

Matter refers to any substance that has mass and takes up space. It can be in the form of solids, liquids, or gases. Dark energy is a hypothetical form of energy that is believed to make up about 70% of the universe. It is thought to have a repulsive effect on matter, causing it to distort or stretch space-time.

How does the distortion of dark energy create space-time?

Space-time is a conceptual framework that combines the three dimensions of space with the fourth dimension of time. The distortion of dark energy causes the expansion of space, which in turn creates the fabric of space-time. This can be visualized as a rubber sheet being stretched and distorted by a heavy object placed on top of it.

Is dark energy the same as dark matter?

No, dark energy and dark matter are two distinct concepts. While dark energy is believed to be responsible for the expansion of the universe, dark matter is thought to make up about 25% of the universe and is responsible for the gravitational effects observed in galaxies. Dark matter is composed of particles that do not interact with light, making it difficult to detect.

What is the role of matter in creating space-time?

Matter plays a crucial role in the creation of space-time. As matter is affected by dark energy, it causes the expansion and stretching of space, which ultimately leads to the formation of space-time. Without the presence of matter, space-time would not exist.

How does the concept of matter distorting dark energy impact our understanding of the universe?

The idea of matter distorting dark energy to create space-time is a crucial component of modern theories of cosmology. It helps explain the observed expansion of the universe and provides insight into the fundamental forces and structure of the universe. It also has implications for the future of the universe and the possible fate of our universe.