Static Triple Vector Load Calculator

In summary, The speaker has been struggling with a formula for calculating the load on each of the three lines in a three rope system. The load is static and there is no movement in the system. The speaker has tried using trigonometry and solving simultaneous vectors, but has not been successful. They are open to any clues or help, and can provide a picture of the system if needed. They also mention a piece of information about the vectors being used in the system.
splents
Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out how to get this formula working for a few days now, and I *refuse* to give up.

There are three high points, with a line running down from each to a load W.
Each of the lines A,B,C are at different angles to each other (x-y plane), and each of the lines depart the load to the high points at different angles (z-plane).
The load is static, and there is no stretch or movement in the system.

By knowing only the angles of the lines and the weight of the load, how can I calculate the load on each line?

I have calculated this for a two rope system and it is simple trig, but for a three rope system I cannot seem to get it happening!
I've tried solving using trigonometry, but I keep getting stuck. Today I've been trying to solve simultaneous vectors, but I still can't seem to get it right.

If anyone has any clues, or could help I would greatly appreciate it.
I can also draw up a picture to show the system, if that helps.

Physics news on Phys.org
Some extra information that I've been trying to use for simultaneously solving is this;

If Vectors:
A=[Ai, Aj, Ak]
B=[Bi, Bj, Bk]
C=[Ci, Cj, Ck]

Then for the system to be static:
Ai + Bi + Ci = 0
Aj + Bj + Cj = 0
Ak + Bk + Ck = W

1. What is a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator?

A Static Triple Vector Load Calculator is a tool used by scientists and engineers to calculate the forces acting on a three-dimensional object or structure. It takes into account the magnitude and direction of each force to determine the overall load and its impact on the object.

2. How does a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator work?

A Static Triple Vector Load Calculator uses mathematical equations and vector analysis to calculate the resultant force on an object. It takes into account the components of each force in the x, y, and z directions and combines them to determine the overall force and its direction.

3. What are the applications of a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator?

A Static Triple Vector Load Calculator is commonly used in structural and mechanical engineering to analyze the forces acting on buildings, bridges, and other structures. It is also used in physics and other scientific fields to study the effects of various forces on objects.

4. Are there any limitations to a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator?

While a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator is a useful tool, it does have some limitations. It assumes that all forces are acting on a single point and does not take into account the distribution of forces within an object. It is also limited to static situations and cannot accurately calculate forces in dynamic or changing environments.

5. How accurate are the results from a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator?

The accuracy of the results from a Static Triple Vector Load Calculator depends on the accuracy of the input data and the assumptions made by the user. In ideal situations, the results can be very accurate, but in complex or real-world scenarios, there may be some margin of error.