Undescended Testicles: Surgery Options for 28 Yr Old Male

• Medical
  • Thread starter brandon1234
  • Start date
In summary, it is recommended that you consult a surgeon for an assessment and discussion of your options regarding your undescended testicle. Good luck.
brandon1234
I'm a 28 yr old male & had undescended testicles on birth. A surgery was done at the age of four and half yrs & one testicle dropped down to the scrotum. Now I can feel the other testicle stuck in between the scrotum & the groin area. Is there a possibility to bring back the second testicle into the scrotum with the help of a surgery?? Pls advice me on what I should do since I'm hoping to get married at the end of next year.

Biology news on Phys.org
Please consult a surgeon. There is nobody on an on-line forum that can assess your condition and offer advice. You need an assessment from a real doctor who can examine you and discuss your options.

Good luck.

turbo-1 said:
Please consult a surgeon. There is nobody on an on-line forum that can assess your condition and offer advice. You need an assessment from a real doctor who can examine you and discuss your options.

Agreed. Note that it is against PF rules to provide medical diagnoses. Please visit a doctor who can examine you and give a proper diagnosis.

1. What is an undescended testicle and why is it a concern?

An undescended testicle is a condition in which one or both testicles fail to move into the scrotum during fetal development. It is a concern because it can lead to fertility issues, increased risk of testicular cancer, and potential complications such as inguinal hernia.

2. What are the surgery options for a 28-year-old male with undescended testicles?

The most common surgery options for a 28-year-old male with undescended testicles are orchiopexy and orchiectomy. Orchiopexy involves surgically moving the testicle into the scrotum and securing it in place, while orchiectomy involves removing the undescended testicle.

3. Is surgery the only treatment option for undescended testicles?

In some cases, hormonal therapy may be recommended as an alternative to surgery. This involves giving the male hormones to stimulate testicular descent. However, this treatment is typically only effective in infants and young children, not in adults.

4. Is surgery for undescended testicles safe for a 28-year-old male?

Yes, surgery for undescended testicles is generally safe for a 28-year-old male. However, as with any surgery, there are potential risks and complications, such as infection, bleeding, and damage to surrounding tissues. It is important to discuss these risks with a doctor before undergoing the procedure.

5. What is the recovery process like after surgery for undescended testicles?

The recovery process may vary depending on the type of surgery performed, but generally, there may be some discomfort, swelling, and bruising in the scrotal area. Pain medication may be prescribed to manage any discomfort. It is important to avoid strenuous activities and follow any post-operative instructions provided by the doctor to ensure proper healing.